Just say no: Oreos are apparently as addictive as cocaine

in my experience, oreos are as addictive as p****.

Im hoping that doesn't end in a y, otherwise you need to get some more to realize how wrong you are.

Oreos are not nearly as addictive.

Well, there's no cream in it for one.

Haha. I can't remember the last time I had any. Might go down that aisle next time I'm shopping just to check the ingredients list on the packaging...

Give me Oreos, or give me death ! :woot:

Haha. I can't remember the last time I had any. Might go down that aisle next time I'm shopping just to check the ingredients list on the packaging...

post-37120-0-41873100-1382029399.jpg

post-37120-0-26003700-1382029465.jpg

According to a recipe I found online, the filling is made of:

3 3/4 cups Powdered sugar

1/2 Tablespoon Granulated sugar

1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup vegetable shortening

2 tablespoons hot water

...That's a LOT of sugar!

Sugar I'd expect... HFCS, though, bleh. And all that other crap. I tend to stay away from processed stuff. If I want cookies, I'll bake my own. At least then I know what's going into them. And they'll be fresh and warm to boot!

^ And sugar is NOT a poison.

Moderation is key. ;)

Hmmm ... fried Oreos ... ?

Processed sugar might as well be a poison.

I find this hard to believe.  Oreos are good and all, but I don't ever crave them after eating a bunch.

Pistachios, on the other hand, as soon as I eat one, I can't stop until I finish off the bag.  Those are truly like crack.....and I'll probably be stopping at the grocery store to pick some up on my way home.

This.

Not fussed on Oreos, taste wise I find them pretty average and a waste of calories... but pistachios?  They are dangerous, same goes for caramelised/glazed peanuts, they are my biggest weakness!

• Like 2

I went to store to buy that oreo cookie and I tested it.... it gave me high energy like hyper.  it is very bad for your health. I will not buy it again ever anymore.

For anyone who didn't read the actual source text:

?This correlated well with our behavioral results and lends support to the hypothesis that high-fat/ high-sugar foods are addictive,? said Schroeder.
And that is a problem for the general public, says Honohan.
?Even though we associate significant health hazards in taking drugs like cocaine and morphine, high-fat/ high-sugar foods may present even more of a danger because of their accessibility and affordability,? she said.

It's not so much Oreos as high fat/high sugar foods in general.

I went to store to buy that oreo cookie and I tested it.... it gave me high energy like hyper.  it is very bad for your health. I will not buy it again ever anymore.

It is your Beliefs about food that are bad for your health. ;)