Best file explorer app for WP8

wp8 windows phone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FMH

FMH

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 October 2013 - 14:32

What is the best File explorer app for Windows Phone 8, which can detect the highest number of formats. 

#2 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 October 2013 - 19:26

There isn't one and there won't ever be one due to the security in the OS, no app can access the data of another app because of sandboxing. The only way to manage files is either through a PC or via the Hubs on the phone itself.

#3 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 16:47

This is the only one i know of however, im not sure how well it works.

http://www.windowsph...b0-043e58e55b19

Limitation Please read it!
Windows phone has some limitations which prevent third party applications from accessing parts of files system. You cannot access video files, music files, Document folder. So, until Microsoft open it, please do not ask us to implement this feature. It is impossible right now.
SD Card has even more restrictions. You can not access images, video and document files. You cannot access any files not registered with Pocket File Manager. 

#4 OP FMH

FMH

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 November 2013 - 19:38

This is the only one i know of however, im not sure how well it works.

http://www.windowsph...b0-043e58e55b19

Limitation Please read it!
Windows phone has some limitations which prevent third party applications from accessing parts of files system. You cannot access video files, music files, Document folder. So, until Microsoft open it, please do not ask us to implement this feature. It is impossible right now.
SD Card has even more restrictions. You can not access images, video and document files. You cannot access any files not registered with Pocket File Manager. 

Okay! I'll try it. Though I think I already tried this one. Lemme check.