How To Disable the Start Button?

Why the ###### wouldn't MS make it an option.  They really are ######ing idiots looking after this OS.  The users wanted choice.  I hate not having a start button and menu, but I respect that others like not having those options.

I think what the OP is saying is; He doesn't want as an example, a car manufacturer telling him he can't customize his new car with custom rims. or even a skirt kit. or even blueprint his engine for a custm configuration even. um.. in an analogy sense

I think you meant Apple.

Why the **** wouldn't MS make it an option.  They really are ****ing idiots looking after this OS.  The users wanted choice.  I hate not having a start button and menu, but I respect that others like not having those options.

No, the people that whined about having it or not having it are the real idiots, it won't kill you to have it or to not, so the best thing to do is get over it and adjust a tiny bit over what is amounting to nothing 

No, the people that whined about having it or not having it are the real idiots, it won't kill you to have it or to not, so the best thing to do is get over it and adjust a tiny bit over what is amounting to nothing 

That's not the way to look at this at all.  It should have been an option in Windows 8, and later in the future, if it was deemed to be never used, get rid of it.

We've been saying this for ages now. Boots on the other foot...

As to the OP's question? No, there isn't an option.

I hated not having one mate, so I'm actually happy to see it return (still want a real menu), but it's just stupid.  There are obviously people who like it, and who don't like it, so let us choose based on our preference.  They're being complete and utter ###### to their customers.

I hated not having one mate, so I'm actually happy to see it return (still want a real menu), but it's just stupid.  There are obviously people who like it, and who don't like it, so let us choose based on our preference.  They're being complete and utter ###### to their customers.

It's what I've said too from day one. Give the customer the choice, it really isn't that hard.

The alienated one batch of customers with 8.0 and now we're going to go over the whole thing again with 8.1 :(

It's what I've said too from day one. Give the customer the choice, it really isn't that hard.

The alienated one batch of customers with 8.0 and now we're going to go over the whole thing again with 8.1 :(

Exactly.  All I see here is Microsoft listening, but not learning.