Battlefield 4 - which GPU

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 OP xplatinum

xplatinum

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 October 2013 - 15:07

http://www.neowin.ne...#entry595987559

It was before the patches and beta amd drivers that improved the performance even more.

How did it look with AA disabled ? That sure takes a toll on the FPS. I had it at MSAA 4X (maxed I think).

#17 ObiWanToby

ObiWanToby

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 October 2013 - 15:10

If you plan to play BF4 a lot, I'd go AMD. 7970 and up. Might as well go 280x or up. Mantle will be something you will want to take advantage of. I suspect it will offer better visuals at the same performance, if nothing else. I bet some visual features will be exclusive to Mantle.

If you do not care about how the game looks, go Nvidia.

#18 OP xplatinum

xplatinum

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 October 2013 - 15:22

So that Mantle thing isn't just marketing fluff ? Never really been into AMD/ATI. Don't think Mantle would be enough to convince me if the 280x benches lower than the 770 to begin with...

#19 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 October 2013 - 16:32

So that Mantle thing isn't just marketing fluff ? Never really been into AMD/ATI. Don't think Mantle would be enough to convince me if the 280x benches lower than the 770 to begin with...

Definitely not, but we won't see how it actually performs until December.

#20 Swylen

Swylen

Neowinian

Posted 18 October 2013 - 22:00

I played the beta with a 570 GTX and very low settings and awesome FPS. I'm holding out for the final version before I do anything. I'm due for a major build soon anyways. 3G graphics onboard would be nice.

#21 OP xplatinum

xplatinum

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 October 2013 - 22:52

I played the beta with a 570 GTX and very low settings and awesome FPS. I'm holding out for the final version before I do anything. I'm due for a major build soon anyways. 3G graphics onboard would be nice.

If you are serious about gaming on your PC I highly suggest you get a discrete card (not onboard).

#22 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

Posted 19 October 2013 - 14:19

If you do not care about how the game looks, go Nvidia.

Lol what?

#23 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 19 October 2013 - 21:20

Mantle was developed in collaboration with DICE who makes the best rendering engine of the entire game industry, so if anyone knows what an API should provide it's them. I think it'll kick ass but the adoption is a big unknown at this point.

#24 OP xplatinum

xplatinum

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:21

Mantle was developed in collaboration with DICE who makes the best rendering engine of the entire game industry, so if anyone knows what an API should provide it's them. I think it'll kick ass but the adoption is a big unknown at this point.

Yeah adoption is gonna be crucial.

Anyone knows where I can find a Sapphire R9 280x TOXIC in stock (easy shipping to canada) ?