Jump to content



Photo

proveit.com questions


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

    Graphic Designer

  • 2,724 posts
  • Joined: 10-August 03
  • Location: Lawrenceville, GA
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 18 October 2013 - 15:34

Had anyone use proveit.com to take test for software for a job? If so whats your experience with it. I had to take it for Microsoft Word, Dreamweaver CS5 and Photoshop CS5. Is it visual or everything is text base.




#2 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

    Graphic Designer

  • 2,724 posts
  • Joined: 10-August 03
  • Location: Lawrenceville, GA
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 19 October 2013 - 00:28

?



#3 ShockD

ShockD

    Antagonist

  • 380 posts
  • Joined: 15-October 13
  • Location: 127.0.0.1

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:18

Isn't that like too easy to cheat? Also, taking software tests is not a substitute for judgement about one's skills in my opinion. Very few employers actually want their candidates to write a working code.



#4 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

    Graphic Designer

  • 2,724 posts
  • Joined: 10-August 03
  • Location: Lawrenceville, GA
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:18

The Office Word was easy because they give you a working Word Program to use in the real world. The Photoshop and Dreamweaver was multiple choice. It was much harder and I had to open up my other company to run Photoshop and Dreamweaver to know the names of the tool to use or the icon call.

 

In Photoshop I would do every visual and but if someone does a test without Photoshop there then I'm lost. Dreameaver, I only use 10% of the program. 95% of the time, I'm in code view and coding up the website and the other 5% I'm using the file manager to upload files. I like using Dreamweaver because it will pop up list in CSS of whats available to use.



#5 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

    Graphic Designer

  • 2,724 posts
  • Joined: 10-August 03
  • Location: Lawrenceville, GA
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 21 October 2013 - 21:39

So I did the test. I did well with Word because it was visual and did bad on Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I example that doing a written test on Photoshop and Dreamweaver is very unrealistic because those programs are visual basic and most people when using the program go by using it. Same goes with Dreamweaver but I only use that program to code and nothing else. I like how it pop up suggestion of what I'm typing in tags.

 

I wish they stop using those type of test because it shows no real knowledge of the program.