Are you gonna buy the new PS4? why?

Nah, I'll get the old PS4 instead. :p

I will be getting the PS4, just not on release day. I don't understand the point of that. Besides, my PS3 is still running perfectly fine, with a library of games that have only half been touched, so I've got plenty to occupy myself with until they drop a bit in price or become more easily available. :laugh:

• Like 2

I know you love Sony and that is fine. But you never say what it is about Playstation that grabbed you and kept you. It always seems like you chose Playstation to be spiteful toward Microsoft.

I have grown bitter towards Sony over the years, but I always have to have a Sony product because of quality... And Sony does always seem to have something that draws me in.

Felt the PS3 offered no value outside of Blu-Ray..ended up buying 2 (still owning my launch day 60gb PS3), Uncharted, LoU, inFamous, Heavy Rain (a QTE fest that I did not mind)! Journey, etc. Made me eat my words.

Never had PS+, but I definitely see the value in it.

From all the video and pics I've seen, the DS4 looks like it's screaming USE ME. i don't know if it's because the Dual Shock has sucked for so long that, all the improvements seem like they are bigger than life right now. I still hate the layout of the analogs (always hated my huge hands touching when playing games).

When I always say that there is no value in a Sony product (I even did a rant on them a few months ago right here ondNeowin), SONY tends to make me eat my words.. The PS4 looks way better now than what I saw in May/June....

I'm trying to learn, to compare the PS4 to its predecessor... And not what the competition is offering... And despite the CELL being a powerhouse, the PS4 does fill all the PS3's short comings and more

I don't Love sony.   I don't own any sony products outside of the PS2/3/PSP.   What kept me with Playstation was that it was what I first got into console gaming on (PS1).  From there PS2 was the next logical step, it had everything the PS1 had + more.  I could play PS1 games, I could swap games with friends, it was awesome.  I tried XBox but the controller felt clunky, halo wasn't worth switching consoles over, and I just never wanted to play it when given the choice between it and the PS2.

When PS3 came out, I bought it because I had the PS2 and PSP I felt that the PS3 was going the way I wanted it to go.  Will the blu ray, PSN, and Amazing graphics I was sold.  The interface was clean and was the same as the PSP.. it was very easy to pick up and go.  I never had a single issue with the PS3, yet around me my friends were going through 360s left and right, and still there was no games that made me want the 360, unlike games like heavenly sword which were a day 1 purchase (when i got my ps3 a year after launch).

I've loved the Dual Shock since the first one on the PS1.. I've always prefered it to any other style of controller, and to me is the most comfortable.  As for the PS4 and XBone, the hardware is close, the games will be pretty much the same.  I've wanted a PS4 since before it's launch as it is the next step in gaming for me.  My list shows all the reasons why I picked the PS4 over the XBone wether you agree with them or not, it is how I feel.

I don't like Windows 8, and I don't use windows 8.  Having the ability to skype while playing a game can be useful for things like team chat.. but most games have that built in now.   I don't watch sports, or want to use my game console as a DVR or Receiver or Computer.  I have a computer and a cable box for that.. .and I am still going to need both of those.  I don't want a bloated system I want something lean and mean.   This paragaraph is my opinion, if you don't like it tough.

I am not on one side or the other, I don't hate one side on purpose, Im not hating on a company.  I just don't agree with some people and their choices, and their wants to make something larger than I feel it is.  If you think I am attacking one side more than the other, that's because you don't understand me.

Amazons price for the PS4 gamer bundle is too good to pass on.

PS4

2 x Dualshock Controllers

1 x PS4 camera

1 x Killzone 

?429.99

Even next year buying all those things individually would still cost more.

I'll probably get a PS4 some time next year. Only Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4 really interest me for next-gen at the moment, and one of them is delayed so I'm in no rush. I predominantly play multi-platform titles, but I loved many of the PS3 exclusives. As long as there is more of the same on the PS4 I'll be happy.

Xbox is the console I want to love but can't justify getting. Xbox 360 never had any exclusives that really interested me, and it looks to be the same story with the Xbox One unfortunately. I don't know if it is Microsoft's oversight, or the studios themselves, but the Xbox exclusives always seem kind of unadventurous to me (that isn't to say they are bad though, just not what I want out of games these days).

Amazons price for the PS4 gamer bundle is too good to pass on.

PS4

2 x Dualshock Controllers

1 x PS4 camera

1 x Killzone 

?429.99

Even next year buying all those things individually would still cost more.

Too bad it's only available for people who've pre-ordered and not on general sale because that's a nice price for that bundle.

Ok you guys arguing X1 vs PS4 need to really get a grip. Showan, firey, come on. There is no need to argue over someone's subjective opinion.

I don't want a bloated system I want something lean and mean.   This paragaraph is my opinion, if you don't like it tough.

I'm not sure where you got the impression that the X1 is a bloated system. Every demo we have seen was running quick and smooth. Both OSes use similar amounts of resources and offer a similar amount of features/apps. Both consoles seem lean and mean on the software side.

I am not on one side or the other, I don't hate one side on purpose, Im not hating on a company.  I just don't agree with some people and their choices, and their wants to make something larger than I feel it is.  If you think I am attacking one side more than the other, that's because you don't understand me.

The mistake is to try and argue over opinions that are subjective. Some things are irrefutable, such as how something performs, or bugs, etc. Other things are subjective, such as what games you like, or what features you like, etc.

People that want to argue against what you or anyone else likes is silly. So what if someone else likes a feature or a game that you don't like?