Answered Go to the full post win8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frett

frett

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 October 2013 - 17:29

So, I'm trying to hit the Windows Store in Win8 to upgrade to 8.1, but I keep getting "We weren't able to connect to the Store..."

Anyone else having this problem?  Is it because it's swamped from people trying to upgrade?

Best Answer frett , 18 October 2013 - 19:14

Ok so I went all over the place looking for the network settings (why can't I right-click the Network and go from there???  I am really disliking Win8)

Anyway, I discovered that Win 8 had installed and enabled both my Ethernet NICs and my wireless adapter, too.  I disabled two of the three, went back into the Store and it loaded right up.

The strange thing is that I have been surfing and using email this whole time and had no problem.

Go to the full post

#2 Sszecret

Sszecret

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 800

Posted 18 October 2013 - 17:39

The Store is working fine on my end. Haven't upgraded to 8.1 through the store though.

#3 OP frett

frett

Neowinian

Posted 18 October 2013 - 19:14   Best Answer

Ok so I went all over the place looking for the network settings (why can't I right-click the Network and go from there???  I am really disliking Win8)

Anyway, I discovered that Win 8 had installed and enabled both my Ethernet NICs and my wireless adapter, too.  I disabled two of the three, went back into the Store and it loaded right up.

The strange thing is that I have been surfing and using email this whole time and had no problem.