I bet it's pretty good at chess.

#17 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

• 894 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 23:30

Nah, it'd just be like the remakes of Knight Rider

stick to the memories, they're better

Remakes of Knight Rider? No such thing exists.

#18 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,396 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 23:31

which part of that is ..um.. "bio" ?

Indeed.

#19 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,483 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 23:32

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213404/

#20 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

• 894 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:08

Knight Rider 2008-09 wasn't a remake. It was a continuation of the original series. Mike Traceur was the son of Michael Knight.

#21 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,483 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:18

Knight Rider 2008-09 wasn't a remake. It was a continuation of the original series. Mike Traceur was the son of Michael Knight.

22 years later Knight Rider came back in 2008 with newest technologies ... such as new cameras for filming, new effects that are better than the 80's effects..   you get the idea.

#22 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

• 894 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:11

Yes I get the idea ... that it wasn't a remake!

#23 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,483 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:24

Yes I get the idea ... that it wasn't a remake!

it doesn't matter that it is a remake or not...     and it doesn't matter if they have same plots/scripts from 80's...      they have new plots/scripts for new show with new technologies.

Since we have HD/Blu-ray and new editing softwares for effects (or whatever), I would like to see old shows to come back with new stuff that we didn't have this stuff in the past.

#24 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

• 894 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:58

. . . and it doesn't matter if they have same plots/scripts from 80's . . .

They didn't. None of the episodes of Knight Rider 2008-09 were recycled from the original 1980's series.

#25 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:58

The only remake/continuation of an old TV series that has even worked in the last 25 years, let alone come close to the original, is in the Star Trek and Stargate franchises, and Frasier.

I love the old Bionic Man. It's one of those old shows that is so horrible and cheesy it's great to watch after "relaxing" late at night. I've got the whole series :)

#26 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,530 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:07

I'm happy enough to agree to disagree,
But not only the Justin Bruening version was out there, a lot of people forgot about this version, we could argue as to whether these are continuations or remakes til we're blue in the face
bit like comparing the original Nightmare on Elm Street with the one done 3 years ago.

They didn't. None of the episodes of Knight Rider 2008-09 were recycled from the original 1980's series.

I don't want to get pedantic (if that is the correct word), but the episode with K.A.R.R. was technically recycled, I'm not trying to start anything beyond a little debate, so please don't read into this post as I intended no hostility (just in case)

#27 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,483 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:22

Where did I say remake or recycle? I never said that word in the first place.

Like I said, it does NOT matter if they use the same plots or scripts from 80's in the new movie/show ... I don't care... but I am interested in better picture and best effects than the 80's effects.

I don't care if they remake or not for a movie or tv show...  

If you make a remake from a movie or show from the past and show the people this year... if they like it, then that means you and your team did good job with it.    Otherwise you will hear that people say "that remake sucks!"

#28 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,741 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:41

If you make a remake from a movie or show from the past and show the people this year... if they like it, then that means you and your team did good job with it.    Otherwise you will hear that people say "that remake sucks!"

But that's why we don't want remakes. Apart from the first 2 seasons of Battlestar Galactica, every remake they've tried (movies included) have royally sucked to the extent that not only did they ruin the viewing enjoyment for new people, they ruined the memories of the ORIGINAL show's, too!

NEW material is preferred.  At least then, they don't <bleep> with classics.

#29 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,706 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 13:17

(...) a lot of people forgot about this version (...)

That's because that show was such an abomination one must forget that it even existed. And now I'm ###### because you just reminded that crap of a show! :D

There are very few good remakes/continuation of old show's; not only those already refereed here but Doctor Who, Hawaii Five-0, The Office...

#30 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,483 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 15:44

But that's why we don't want remakes. Apart from the first 2 seasons of Battlestar Galactica, every remake they've tried (movies included) have royally sucked to the extent that not only did they ruin the viewing enjoyment for new people, they ruined the memories of the ORIGINAL show's, too!

NEW material is preferred.  At least then, they don't <bleep> with classics.

It is not about the movie or show... it is about the crew who makes the movie/show....  if the movie/show is bad.. that means the crew did the terrible job at it....

If you think you can do better, grab the team and make a show or movie... and then release it to the public... and wait for the reviews from the viewers.

Look at Hawaii 5-0 for example. That they are doing good job so far.