Jump to content

20 posts in this topic

Posted

After updating to Windows 8.1 and with the new IE11, I am having issues with Neowin. When I upload a photo, it has 6 files skip notices with nonsense symbols. I try uploading a second time and it works, but I am unable to add the photo to my post.  I try to used the Special BB Code youtube feature, and it fails to add to the post also. Is anyone else having issues with Neowin using Internet Explorer 11?

 

Here is a screenshot of the file skip issue

[attachment=348767:file skipped.jpg]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Neowin forum uses IP.Board which uses CK Editor, whose latest Beta version still does not support IE11 fully... 

 

Go through this thread: http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1163438-ie11-support/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Cant use compatibility mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

The irony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Cant use compatibility mode?

can't test atm as on work computer but i heard the IE11 removed the compatibility mode feature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

can't test atm as on work computer but i heard the IE11 removed the compatibility mode feature


Well why did they do that. So glad I use FireFox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

can't test atm as on work computer but i heard the IE11 removed the compatibility mode feature

There's no compatibility mode when I am using IE11 on Neowin (which is strange).  I now use Chrome when I am posting on Neowin in Windows 8.1 Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Well why did they do that. So glad I use FireFox.

probably to start forcing web devs to update their freakin old code to meet standards

 

at least that's the only reason i can think of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Hello,

They have NOT removed the compaibility view in IE11. You just have to add the site manually.

Search in Tools :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Yep, you have to add it manually. As said the IE11 issues are known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

The IE11 issues have been worked on, there's no need to use compatibility mode for posting and quoting at least.

 

CKEditor is known for not supporting certain filenames in any browser, I would like to know the original name of the file you tried to add (including extension, jpg, png, gif?)

 

Another thing to try is to ctrl+f5 or empty the browser cache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I am continuing to have problems with IE11 on Neowin. Copy and paste does not work when posting a thread :argh:.  I tried compatibility view with Neowin but to no success. I am having this issue on two computers. I hate Microsoft for causing these problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I am on IE 11 and posting is difficult (the text box won't select an accept anything until after a few tries). I have also noticed popups like the add an image to the post button and on the main site if I want to change the theme, but click cancel the box doesn't go away. I must refresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

the rest aside. the theme box on the front page, the cancel and x buttons don't work on any browser. if you want to cancel just click somewhere outside of the box and it will disappear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

the rest aside. the theme box on the front page, the cancel and x buttons don't work on any browser. if you want to cancel just click somewhere outside of the box and it will disappear

Yep, I get this too but only when I'm not logged in. Odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I had that when ie10 was first introduced...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

the rest aside. the theme box on the front page, the cancel and x buttons don't work on any browser. if you want to cancel just click somewhere outside of the box and it will disappear

Just tried that and chrome any you are right. As for adding a picture, the cancel button works, just not on IE 11.

 

BTW I was logged in on both IE 11 and Chrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Hello,

Glad this thread has been cleaned up and reopen.

Steven, is Neowin now officially supported on IE11 on Windows 7? Ill upgrade as soon as it is supported :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Officially, no. IPB themselves don't support it. Neowin has however made it possible to post, quote and multiquote using IE11 (something that does not work at all on 3.4.5 officially).

 

Things that do not work still (as far as I know) is being able to copy & paste into the editor.

 

To clarify IPB does not support IE11, but Neowin has modified it so that it works for about 80% (the remaining 20% being not able to paste in the editor using IE11).

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Hello,

Officially, no. IPB themselves don't support it. Neowin has however made it possible to post, quote and multiquote using IE11 (something that does not work at all on 3.4.5 officially).
 
Things that do not work still (as far as I know) is being able to copy & paste into the editor.
 
To clarify IPB does not support IE11, but Neowin has modified it so that it works for about 80% (the remaining 20% being not able to paste in the editor using IE11).

OK, thank you for clearing that up :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.