What An Xbox One Achievement Looks Like

The thing about people on the same console earning achievements at the same time. Wasn't that always a thing? It looks like they've refined it a little bit, but don't think it's anything new. 

We've all been conditioned to enjoy that sound.

I was wondering why my controller got all soggy when I got an achievement...

Pavlov.jpg

Do people still care about achievements? It feels like people have become indifferent about their gamerscore these days.

I do. It's the reason I only buy games on Steam, and only if they have achievements.

The thing about people on the same console earning achievements at the same time. Wasn't that always a thing? It looks like they've refined it a little bit, but don't think it's anything new. 

I don't think it's the same, on the 360 you could play with others but afaik only your account, the one logged in, would get them and the others wouldn't.  Now since the XB1 can have, up to 6 people? Logged in at once and all playing together they all get them not just you.

Achievements give reminds me of my youth where you actually got points in games...  i don't hunt for them, but I do love to hear the chime when one pops up (it's even better when you arent expecting the achievement.)

Do people still care about achievements?

I do when they are real achievements. But most of the achievements these days are "completed first level on any difficulty" so in that case no i don't care.

• Like 2

I don't think it's the same, on the 360 you could play with others but afaik only your account, the one logged in, would get them and the others wouldn't.  Now since the XB1 can have, up to 6 people? Logged in at once and all playing

together they all get them not just you.

Yes multiple users signed in on the same 360 could earn the same achievements.

I don't think it's the same, on the 360 you could play with others but afaik only your account, the one logged in, would get them and the others wouldn't.  Now since the XB1 can have, up to 6 people? Logged in at once and all playing together they all get them not just you.

Works like this on 360.  My girlfriends kids both sign in on the 360 and get achievements together.  It designates who got the achievements by displaying the quartered light that is associated with the controller that is signed into the account.

The new One concept of showing is a much needed upgrade though.  Far less confusing.

Hello,

In all honesty I'm not a fan of this animation, it looks a little half arsed and too flat for me.

The flat look is Microsoft's new design language....

No offense to anyone at all but is a thread about what a achievement looks like the Xbox One (when it reallly hasnt changed) that important?

This isnt directed to you Ironman273 as Im sure many people are intresting in seeing it (42 users viewing this thread right now) but is it that important?

Like I said, I dont mean to offend anyone with this :) I play TF2 and I personally dont care about achievements at all.

Works like this on 360.  My girlfriends kids both sign in on the 360 and get achievements together.  It designates who got the achievements by displaying the quartered light that is associated with the controller that is signed into the account.

The new One concept of showing is a much needed upgrade though.  Far less confusing.

I see, I've never done local co-op games etc so I wasn't aware.

Saw this on Twitter over the weekend. I hope some developers put their concept/artwork to use and add them to achievements.

I haven't really read up on where the images are taken from, anyone know? Was wondering if they were screenshots taken while the achievement unlocks.

or the Xbox One takes a screenshot of when you earned the achievement and uses it as the wallpaper? Would be awesome

Saw this on Twitter over the weekend. I hope some developers put their concept/artwork to use and add them to achievements.

I haven't really read up on where the images are taken from, anyone know? Was wondering if they were screenshots taken while the achievement unlocks.

If that's what it does then even better.