• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows 8X

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:29

I got an 8X and so does my dad. I replaced mine after 3 months due to similar issues and my dad is now having the same crap. If its still in the manufacturer warranty then send it in for repair. They will most likely replace it.

The problem is that I updated to GDR3 now! Had those issues in GDR2.

#17 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:02

The problem is that I updated to GDR3 now! Had those issues in GDR2.

Well, to be fair, if you can wait there should be future HTC firmware/driver updates to follow with GDR3 once it goes officially out to everyone.  I don't know how long it'll take though, probably late December for those not on AT&T. 

#18 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 21 October 2013 - 15:25

Well, to be fair, if you can wait there should be future HTC firmware/driver updates to follow with GDR3 once it goes officially out to everyone.  I don't know how long it'll take though, probably late December for those not on AT&T. 

Remember, he is not on the contract...  he can get any new phone anytime now, so he doesn't have to wait for the update ... it is really up to him.

#19 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 21 October 2013 - 15:52

Remember, he is not on the contract...  he can get any new phone anytime now, so he doesn't have to wait for the update ... it is really up to him.

Yeah, but maybe a upcoming firmware update fixes the problem and he doesn't have to spend money to buy a new phone?  I dunno, my 8X is being used where there's no LTE anyways so I'm just on HSPA+ or w/e it is.  98% of the time I'm on wifi at work or at home some it's of little impact to me.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!