• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:34

Oh boy, so much defense. I guess we all should just let kids break their things within a week and then replace/fix it for them then, right? That'll teach them well...

Who the hell said anything like that. you're the only one taking things to extremes here, claiming things are only broken on purpose by saying it wasn't a simple accident and now making stupid claims like that because we say accidents happen. 

No, If I had a kid with a DS and he/she broke it, they would very well have to be without one until they have the funds to pay for at least part of the repair. 

#17 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:36

I'm actually more surprised to hear that the 2DS is selling :s

#18 Liana

Liana

Tech Girl

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:52

Oh boy, so much defense. I guess we all should just let kids break their things within a week and then replace/fix it for them then, right? That'll teach them well...

It sounds like you're assuming that the girl and/or parent is irresponsible because of the length of time the girl owned the device before the accident happened. It's possible you are right and the girl doesn't care about her belongings, but I don't think it's fair to assume irresponsibility because she only had it for a week. I had a friend who was very careful with his portable devices but he slipped and fell and cracked his new phone that was less than a week old. The phone was in his pocket. Accidents happen at any time, no matter how careful we might be. Also kids are clumsy creatures!

#19 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:55

$65 isn't bad compared to what it costs to replace a smartphone or tablet display. Hell, I was expecting something outrageous when I clicked the thread.