Man Who Toppled Ancient Rock Suing for Disability

A Boy Scout leader who came under fire for pushing over an ancient boulder in a national park filed a suit last month claiming he was suffering permanent "disability" and "impairment" from an auto accident four years ago.

Glenn Taylor initially faced scrutiny after a video of him pushing over a Jurassic era rock formation in the Goblin Valley State Park in Utah went viral.

Taylor, a Boy Scout leader, told ABC News that he should have handled the incident differently but thought the boulder was dangerous and thought it would be safer to push it over.

"The Boy Scouts didn't teach me to do this," Taylor told ABC News. "Would I do it again? Yes, with a ranger standing there. That's what we should have done."

However Taylor is now facing additional scrutiny after it was revealed that he filed a suit claiming he has he endured "great pain and suffering, disability, impairment, loss of life" stemming from a 2009 car accident, according to ABC News affiliate KTVX-TV in Salt Lake City, Utah.

According to KTVX, Taylor said in the documents he has incurred an estimated $5,000 in medical related expenses.

Alan Macdonald, who is being sued by Taylor because it was his daughter who hit Taylor's car, told KTVX that he was "highly offended" by Taylor's actions.

"Somebody with a bad back who is disabled who can't enjoy life to me doesn't step up and push a rock right off its base," Macdonald said.

The Emery County Attorney's Office confirmed that it has been contacted by state park representatives and will review the case once an investigation is complete.

source

That is really pathetic! He didn't look impaired in the video and he knew what he was doing.

Sadly there are a lot of people like this guy and they do get disability. Hell I could go to the doctor and claim I had severe depression and get disability. 

This has been on the local news here the past couple nights.

I hope the idiot does time in jail for falsifying his disability claim and for defacing the monument!

What a freaking jerk!!                          

If you don't actually have it, then it's fraud. 

I agree with that. The idea that walking into a doctor's office, claiming depression and getting aid is so ridiculous that I can't possibly believe that this is KingCracker's actual point here.  I could be wrong.