Asus AI Suite II opinopn

Question

Hi,

I have the Asus AI Suite II which came with my Sabertooth Z77 motherboard. I love all of the update and monitoring apps but since I do absolutely NO overclocking and was always told never to use software based OCing anyway should I even have Digi+Power Control and/or Turbo EVO installed. Both options seem to deal only with overclocking or lowering power use. I just want the system to run in the Bios default mode.

Opinions?

Also, will just uninstalling those remove any setting that may have already be set?

Thanks,

5 answers to this question

Never install the ASUS junk causes a lot of issues and leaves a lot of junk behind and interferes with a lot of software.(think of it as if it was herpes you don't want it or need it) If it was me I would format and reinstall but that is down to your own choice. but you can do most or all the stuff from the bios

Yeah I've been second guessing myself over this. I could reformat and re install but that would take more time than I have. Would there be any problems if I just uninstall it? I installed it using Revo Uninstaller Pro so it should be pretty complete.

Uninstalling is all you need to do.  All changes to BIOS stuff is done on the fly and no changes are made to the actual BIOS.  The only thing I found out that uninstalling still keeps some Asus folders around.  I just delete them.

Asus AI Suite is complete garbage, remove it.

Asus EPU engine on the other hand is amazing, it'll speed up or slow down your system and reduce noise for example, loved it when I used windows.

The only problem with it (and this is a MAJOR problem) is that it's windows only, absolutely nothing for linux will slow down the system or fan speeds which is a shame.

Asus software can be usefull for controlling CPU fans (EPU, for example), OC and all but most of it you can do it in the BIOS level with more control, so for a novice it can be very useful, but for a more experienced user can be considered junk; also if you don't plan to OC, why installing?