Original PS4 Controller Analog Stick Layout Similar to Xbox 360 "They knew that consumers liked

It's not that hard to imagine that someone that may have been playing Playstation since the original one may have gotten used to the layout. 

I've grown up with playstation and even I remember getting a dreamcast and original xbox and thinking wow joysticks where your thumbs sit naturally. N64 felt half natural as I never used the dpad or left had side of the controller at all such a wasteful design.

I remember getting my first dualshock for the psx, I think it was when ape escape was released on demo? If I could get my magazines from my parents I would have the advertisements when they where first releasing the controller.

I don't find the Xbox 360 layout any more or less comfortable than the PS3 one. They're not really that dissimilar.

I'm just glad those days are gone when manufacturers had weird crazy ideas for controllers like with the Atari Jaguar's one or the 3D Pad for the Saturn.

I have big hands and the PS controller has always caused me problems. My hands cramp up and it spoils it for me. I haven't been able to finish many games because of that. The Xbox 360 controler fits my hands perfectly. So comfortable. That's the primary reason I'm going with the Xbox One, even though the PS4 has a lot to offer.