Photo
xbox wii dualshock wii u

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Controller do you prefer?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which Controller do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 15 November 2013 - 23:29

Actually, my favorite controller is the NES controller. Its basic, comfortable to use and the buttons feel nice.

#17 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,025 posts
  • Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 16 November 2013 - 00:02

Nintendo Wavebird wireless controller for the GameCube is one of the best controllers ever...

Loves my 360 controller as well..

I have big hands, so the Dual Shock drove me crazy because hands always hit each other

#18 CrowaX

CrowaX

Crowopolis X

• 287 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 00:07

Showan beat me to it. The Wavebird was by far the greatest. It fit my hands so well, I still use it when I play old games. The 360 is the second best. I am very hopeful that the Xbox One controller is better than the 360, or worst case, just as comfortable. 

#19 ZakO

ZakO

Neowinian

• 1,042 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 00:28

I don't like motion controls, and don't find the dualshock controller comfortable at all (badly positioned thumbsticks, poor triggers, too small), I haven't used the PS4 one yet, hopefully it's better. 

That leaves the 360 controller as my 'favourite' modern controller, good size, comfortable for long gaming sessions, just a shame about the horrible d-pad.  

#20 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,048 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:27

I have big hands, so the Dual Shock drove me crazy because hands always hit each other

I dislike the Xbox controller for the opposite reason. I have small hands so the Xbox controller feels large. The Dual Shock feels much better and the D-Pad is smoother whilst I find the one on the Xbox controller to be sharp.

Best controller ever? The Sega Megadrive 6 button controller.
http://en.m.wikipedi...s-6But-Cont.jpg

#21 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:40

#1 - Gamecube

#2 - Xbox 360

#22 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,222 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:49

The Wavebird remains one of the best controller ever created. It should be listed as an option.

#23 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,209 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:53

I play mostly shooters, so KB+M wins out for me. For games that better suit controllers though, I prefer the XB360 controller. I think Sony continue to make the same mistake favouring Aesthetics over functionality by placing the left thumbstick below the d-pad (although to be fair I hear that this is better with the PS4 controller). I also dislike convex thumbsticks. Concave sits much better. Why Sony changed this for the later PSOne controllers I don't know (I had the original PSX controller with analog sticks, and they were concave).

#24 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,525 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:30

super nintendo. the prototype of all major controllers that came after it