Hirsch, Phoenix Up For John Belushi Biopic

RHn2ONP.png

Emile Hirsch ("Into the Wild") and Adam Devine (TV's "Workaholics") have already had meetings, while Joaquin Phoenix ("The Master") has also been mentioned in connection with the biopic of the late legendary comedian John Belushi that's in development at Warner Bros. Pictures.

Steve Conrad ("The Secret Life of Walter Mitty") penned the script and will now take over the helm of the project after previous director Todd Phillips ("The Hangover") stepped down. Phillips remains onboard as producer.

Nelson Franklin ("Veep") is one of several names who've also had meetings to play one of Belushi's best friends Dan Aykroyd. Belushi and Ackroyd starred together on SNL and in films such as "The Blues Brothers".

Belushi famously died at the age of 33 from a drug overdose at the Chateau Marmont in 1982. The biopic will focus on Belushi at the height of his fame.

Dan Aykroyd and Alexandra Milchan will executive produce. Filming aims to begin in New York in the Spring.

Source Article

I think Joaquin would be the best fit. So what you want about my nutty man, but dude can act when he gets into the role. If he took the character on like I suspect he could, I think he would do the best job. And I love the show Workaholics, I cannot imagine Adam in this role at all.