Photo

Interview with company that has Christian faith owners?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,398 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows 8X

Posted 22 October 2013 - 20:22

I had an interview with a company that does adhesives products. I was going for a web/graphic position. Everything was going well. They ask some off the wall questions that I never got before. A lot about what I do in my private life. I'm guessing to see if I go to church. At the end, they said that the owners are very religious and if I was okay when they do praises at events and lunch time. I said that I really don't get offended about stuff.

Personal, I never had this experience before at an interview or at a company I work with. As an Atheist, I'm between a rock and a hard place now. If they give me the job, what will I do about this? Right now, I can't turn down work. I have too many bills and taxes I need to pay. Also I don't have unemployment because my last 2 jobs were 1099.

What are your thoughts?

#2 arachnoid

arachnoid

Call the Opticians

• 2,990 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 20:27

They didn't hold any prejudice against you because of your atheism so why should you hold any against their beliefs?

#3 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,286 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 22 October 2013 - 20:31

I'm an atheist but I have no issue with others having faith, as long as it isn't pushed at me etc. 

If I were you I'd take the job and let them have their Christian events etc

#4 z0phi3l

z0phi3l

Neowinian

• 3,945 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 22 October 2013 - 20:32

You should have told them those were illegal questions to ask per Federal laws and that you had the right to not answer them, and your lack of answer can not legally be held against you, what the owner does or believes is his business, and this is coming from a Theist, those are not questions to be asked in an interview, ever

#5 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,398 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 20:40

I'm just worry about the public pray they have when lunch time goes on. I have meet many heavy religious people at work in my time they do there thing in private but nothing in public.

#6 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,398 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 20:42

You should have told them those were illegal questions to ask per Federal laws and that you had the right to not answer them, and your lack of answer can not legally be held against you, what the owner does or believes is his business, and this is coming from a Theist, those are not questions to be asked in an interview, ever

I would never get the job if I do that. :-/

#7 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 21:37

Yeah. Technically they can't even ask how far away you live, but good ####ing luck getting the job if you put up a stink about things like that.

I'm an agnostic and I went to Catholic school for... 8 years, so, I'd say just get over it. Personally I find some of their stories entertaining, although I still find the cannibalism through bread thing weird.

#8 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:23

. As an Atheist, I'm between a rock and a hard place now. If they give me the job, what will I do about this? Right now, I can't turn down work. I have too many bills and taxes I need to pay. Also I don't have unemployment because my last 2 jobs were 1099.

I think you've answered the question. A job is a job. They aren't easy to come by these days.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!