Router advice

Sorry if this has been discussed 1,000 times.

My current router is starting to act up or should I say not work now and then. Right now it's working.

I'm looking at amped(thanks to you all) but not sure what to get. I plan on ordering in the next three hours so I will have it tomorrow. The rta15 is the top of the line but do I need that. Will I ever see the speeds it has potential to provided? Then there is the 10000g or 20000g.

This is my speed right. Cox sent me a email saying they increased speeds and i need to upgrade my modem to 3.0 so my speed should be more.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3032743626

We have like 3 cell phones, 3 computers, directv is also hooked up to the net for downloading shows to the receiver. 

Thanks

Well you also need clients to be able to take advantage of that speed.

Do you not have a D3 modem as that's as much as you'll get out of a D2 modem (25Mbps).

In order to get the faster speeds you need a few things:

- Modem

- Router

- Clients (devices)

So your router is acting "right" when you are getting 25Mbps? How much when it's acting "wrong"?

Also what are you hoping to gain? :ermm:

I don't have the 3.0 modem yet, I should order it tonight with the router, again not sure what to get there either,

My current router(belkin) can't connect to the modem, I have to reset it for it to work again. This morning resetting it didn't make a difference. I tested the modem with out the router and that works fine.

I'm hoping to gain the most I can out of my router to suite my actually internet speeds I guess. I don't know how speed I will gain after upgrading my modem.