Microsoft gets its own answer to Google Glass ready and has a prototype

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2472011/Microsoft-gets-answer-Google-Glass-ready.html

Microsoft is preparing to launch its own version of Google Glass by developing their own wearable smartwear.

This is just the latest instance where the tech giant is putting itself in direct competition with Google, who premiered the device and has a major leg up in the niche field as a result.

Microsoft does not appear to be stopping because they won the race, as The Wall street Journal reports that they are now testing their own prototypes.

article-2472011-18E94F3300000578-691_634

The competition: The Google Glass was the first wearable internet-enabled device to be made public but it will not be the only one on the market for long as Microsoft is making their own version

Google is not their only target, however, as Microsoft reportedly wants to compete against the likes of Samsung and Apple, who just revealed the latest iteration of the iPad this afternoon.

'Technology companies can?t afford to wait,' tech analyst Daniel Matte told The Journal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2472011/Microsoft-gets-answer-Google-Glass-ready.html#ixzz2iWBsxtEQ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Many don't know that Google has been working with the handicapped community to optimize Glass for them, particularly paraplegics and even the blind (apps that read expressions for emotion.) Microcrap has a big job catching up.

Many don't know that Google has been working with the handicapped community to optimize Glass for them, particularly paraplegics and even the blind (apps that read expressions for emotion.) Microcrap has a big job catching up.

Meanwhile MS has been working with various handicapped groups for their products since long before there was a google. But it's always fun to make assumptions.

MS product will have to be a dam sight better and more useful than the glass crap before I'd be interested anyway.

• Like 3

But Google is far ahead in the Glass for.handicappers game, and if Microsoft's "Glass" is anything like Surface Google has little to fear.

How mature. I guess that's the new M(dollar sign) ?

If the shoe fits....

Sorry, but Microsoft is like Star Trek movies - at best every other product is good. Win 7 was good, Win 8 sucks.

That's debatable.

It'll be interesting to see what MS comes up with as their research department pumps out incredible stuff, but I still don't think Google Glass or its competitors will be any more than a niche product.

Sorry, but Microsoft is like Star Trek movies - at best every other product is good. Win 7 was good, Win 8 sucks.

So, 8.1 is good then?

I would have to at least see what the MS version does or even looks like before assigning a place for them.

But Google is far ahead in the Glass for.handicappers game, and if Microsoft's "Glass" is anything like Surface Google has little to fear.

If the shoe fits....

Really. what makes you make up this assumption ?

Google hasn't showed anything worthwhile in that department, MS on the other hand while not specifically for their glass, have shown the ability to have cameras that track heartbeat, they show they can read emotions, something google hasn't actually demonstrated. They have software that can detect what faces are saying the sounds it's hearing (from Kinect 2), they have what I to this day find the markets best speech recognition software, that outperforms Dragon naturally speaking, on accuracy, speed and doesn't require a ridiculous amount of time to teach it. 

Google. well they have said "we are working with handicap groups" ooh. good for you, show some results then. But again, MS has been doing this for long before google even existed. it's fair to say when it comes to experience and being ahead in the game, in this regards, MS is a few horse heads ahead. 

I would have to at least see what the MS version does or even looks like before assigning a place for them.

at great risk of putting myself out there for cannon fodder, I think what he(DocM) is saying is, MS is late to the game in trying to appear -OR- attempting to appear to be innovating something google is WAAAAY ahead of MS at. MS is waaay behind trying to play catch up.

the windows 8 sucks part.. He's(DocM) is on his own

hmmmm 98 was good

98SE was better

Millenium wasn't bad despite a bad rep

XP was good

Vista was good, though it was sold on some bad hardware, and some device makers where slow at making drivers for a brand new system

7 was a solid improvement on Vista. 

8 Was a great OS, first step in bringing a unified MS platform across devices together

8.1 was like 7 a solid improvement on 8, bringing the goal one big leap of a step closer, even more so when 8.1 for WP is out. 

Not seeing this every other OS thing you're on about here...

Depends on your definition of "sucks", which in your case seems to be "I don't like it".

Seeing how Google Glass isn't going over so well in a lot of areas, including with privacy advocates, I don't see Microsoft doing any better.Plus, it'll likely be seen as a "me too" product.