Photo

Tablet questions.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OP Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:31

With my needs and usage.    Would I benefit from the Surface 2 over the Surface RT?  I've only played with the surface 2, so if the RT is going to feel sluggish, I don't want it.  I do like the fact it has a 1080 screen for when I use netflix

#17 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:36

Depends on your preferred medium, if you like apple devices, then the ipad is probably best.

If you're not bothered, then the surface and note 10.1 are both very capable tablets, (I believe you can buy from the respective stores, the specific apps to suit your needs)

#18 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:45

With my needs and usage.    Would I benefit from the Surface 2 over the Surface RT?  I've only played with the surface 2, so if the RT is going to feel sluggish, I don't want it.  I do like the fact it has a 1080 screen for when I use netflix

The screen is nicer and its faster with the tegra 4. It also has the improved kickstand and usb3 as opposed to the usb2 on the original. Also it comes with skype and skydrive offers. I think its worth it for the screen alone.

#19 OP Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:47

The screen is nicer and its faster with the tegra 4. It also has the improved kickstand and usb3 as opposed to the usb2 on the original. Also it comes with skype and skydrive offers. I think its worth it for the screen alone.

Thanks, all I needed.  I'll wait to pick up the S2 then. 

Best buy does have a nice sale on surface RT though $199,  Surface 2 is still $449

Edited by Dane, 28 November 2013 - 12:56.

#20 OP Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 21:13

So two things.  I am told about Microsoft complete.  It's like applecare, but for surface.  $100 for 2 years, is that correct? 

Also, iPad mini with Retina, and the Surface 2.  I am leaning towards the surface because of office and true multitasking, and USB. How long will the surface last? 

ipads I think will always be around, what about the surface?

#21 OP Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 22:32

I am getting alot of different answers from microsoft reps about their own warranty.   

https://myservice.su...es/Welcome.aspx

That website says "buy a service plan".  

http://www.microsoft...ce-warranty-faq

Microsoft's own website states: 

Can I buy additional protection for my Surface?

Yes. Microsoft Complete adds technical support for all your questions around software and hardware as well as protecting your device in a case of accidental damage. Microsoft Complete is available from the Microsoft Storeexternal.png when you buy your Surface, or through the Surface Online Service Centerexternal.png after purchase. Microsoft Complete must be purchased within 45 days from Surface Device date of purchase. For more details about coverage in your location, visit the Microsoft Storeexternal.png.

*Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition is covered under a separate, 3-year, limited hardware warranty.

Surface online Service center, that's the first link I posted.    

However during a chat, a rep told me if I purchase the surface at best buy, I will NOT be able to buy the warranty after.  What the ######?   

Has anyone here bought the warranty AFTER and did not buy the hardware from microsoft directly?