30 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm uninterested in why climate change is occurring. We should focus on determining whether it is advantageous or disadvantageous for long-term human survival, and write our policies around that.

What does this even mean? 

Posted

I don't know about Fox News, but I tend not to believe in anthropomorphic climate change because it doesn't exist. Too many exposed lies from the scientific community to give any credibility.

I prefer science WITHOUT a political agenda.

Posted

I don't know about Fox News, but I tend not to believe in anthropomorphic climate change because it doesn't exist. Too many exposed lies from the scientific community to give any credibility.

I prefer science WITHOUT a political agenda.

The science is without political agenda. 

It just so happens that the only way to really solve the problems are through policy which in turn, is politics.

I'm not sure how any rational person can come to the conclusion you have.

3 people like this

Posted

Of course that the peer review system, in virtually all disciplines, has been under fire for ages means nothing, right?

After all, peer review was why it took from 1915's The Origin of Continents and Oceans to almost the 1960's for Plate Tectonics to take hold - the status quo defends its dogma. The same happens in everything from geology to medicine and astrophysics.

In other words, these kind of changes take time to take root.

Posted

Reading for the brain dead,

Highlights from a report issued by the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) on Friday.

GENERAL

"Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and since the 1950s, many of the observed changes are unprecedented over decades to millennia. The atmosphere and ocean have warmed, the amounts of snow and ice have diminished, sea level has risen and the concentrations of greenhouse gases have increased

1 person likes this