Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feds Say Possession of

93 posts in this topic

Posted

A joint bulletin issued in early August by the Department of Homeland Security and FBI warns state and local law enforcement agencies to look out for people in possession of

Posted

I guess, UPS and FedEx should report me because I have gun related items and ammo delivered to me on an almost daily basis lol. A person can't be a collector or a hobbyist without being considered a terrorist? :rolleyes: 

I guess a lot of people in the south and rural states would be considered terrorists not to mention all the preppers out there.

2 people like this

Posted

I guess a lot of people in the south and rural states would be considered terrorists not to mention all the preppers out there.

Exactly.

Posted

And here I was about to order a set of service-for-20 steak knives for my new dining room.

2 people like this

Posted

Is anyone actually surprised by this ?

The next step will be the use of the "see something, say something" laws to have neighbours snoop on neighbours for having "too many" weapons.

Its a drip-feed approach to disarming Americans which has been laughed off as a conspiracy theory in the past - try looking further down the road and see how things will turn out given those in power.

3 people like this

Posted

Hello,

Does this mean DocM is a terrorist? :laugh:  (Just playing)

Posted

that being the case a lot of farmers and country folk where i live are terrorists.

1 person likes this

Posted

The next step will be the use of the "see something, say something" laws to have neighbours snoop on neighbours for having "too many" weapons.

Yep. The government having neighbor spy on neighbor is just how things were in the old USSR.

2 people like this

Posted

What do they consider "unusual amounts"?

Posted

Probably anything over 2 firearms.. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The same definition of "terrorist" - whatever the government want it to mean!

2 people like this

Posted

Is that not true?  Terrorists tend to stockpile weapons...

Posted

Is that not true?  Terrorists tend to stockpile weapons...

Is it not true that there are millions of Americans out there that have numerous amounts of weapons and ammo? All the sudden the government is trying to classify them as terrorists.. 

Posted

Is it not true that there are millions of Americans out there that have numerous amounts of weapons and ammo? All the sudden the government is trying to classify them as terrorists.. 

No they aren't.  You're taking their words out of context to support your agenda.

1 person likes this

Posted

No they aren't.  You're taking their words out of context to support your agenda.

What?

A joint bulletin issued in early August by the Department of Homeland Security and FBI warns state and local law enforcement agencies to look out for people in possession of

3 people like this

Posted

I agree with this. I have family members that I don't trust who have a large amount of weaponry.

Posted

Did you even read the article? Hes right.

2 people like this

Posted

Did you even read the article? Hes right.

No, he's not.

Posted

What?

In the first sentence.. 

Yes, it states potential indicator, which pretty clearly indicates that they don't think, by itself, owning a bunch of guns means you're a terrorist.  Owning a bunch of guns, combined with other terrorist-related behavior might get you on their radar.

Again, you're just miscontruing what they're saying to support your agenda.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, it states potential indicator, which pretty clearly indicates that they don't think, by itself, owning a bunch of guns means you're a terrorist.  Owning a bunch of guns, combined with other terrorist-related behavior might get you on their radar.

Again, you're just miscontruing what they're saying to support your agenda.

They are calling it a factor, so that means that anyone that has a set amount of firearms a potential terrorist, Branding gun owners a potential anything other than a law abiding citizen is wrong. Ive seen the state of California call a weapons cache 3 rifles.. I personally know people that have over 100 firearms. To the Fed's that means they are potential terrorists.. Yeah, I can see it now, someones neighbor reporting a gun owner for carrying more than one rifle case out to his car... its demonizing a group of people. 

Posted

They are calling it a factor, so that means that anyone that has a set amount of firearms a potential terrorist, Branding gun owners a potential anything other than a law abiding citizen is wrong. Ive seen the state of California call a weapons cache 3 rifles.. I personally know people that have over 100 firearms. To the Fed's that means they are potential terrorists.. Yeah, I can see it now, someones neighbor reporting a gun owner for carrying more than one rifle case out to his car... its demonizing a group of people. 

Yay you're getting it now. The operative word being potential

It's entirely different from labelling them as terrorists which you said earlier. 

Posted

The issue now is the US government can detain people on suspicion of terrorism without charge.

There are people in Guantanamo Bay who haven't been charged. What's to stop them detaining people for owning a couple of guns whenever it suits them?

2 people like this

Posted

Yay you're getting it now. The operative word being potential

It's entirely different from labelling them as terrorists which you said earlier.

Same damn thing. They want people watched for things they haven't done or going to do. 

The issue now is the US government can detain people on suspicion of terrorism without charge.

There are people in Guantanamo Bay who haven't been charged. What's to stop them detaining people for owning a couple of guns whenever it suits them?

Yep.

Posted

Same damn thing. They want people watched for things they haven't done or going to do. 

Saying :

All the sudden the government is trying to classify them as terrorists.. 

Isn't the same thing as saying people who own many weapons have the potential to become terrorists. 

They've been able to do that now for sometime. 

Posted

Saying :

Isn't the same thing as saying people who own many weapons have the potential to become terrorists.

In my eyes it is. If they want me watched because I own several firearms then yes to me that is labeling me a threat and a terrorist.

Objects don't turn people into threats or terrorists.. You might as well watch the whole south east..