jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 November 2013 - 22:06

IGN gave it a 9.6/10.. cant wait til Friday to pick this up

http://www.ign.com/v...ld-video-review

http://www.ign.com/a...3d-world-review

The Verdict

Super Mario Galaxy 2 successfully iterated on one of the most inventive platformers of the last console generation. Super Mario 3D World takes slightly smaller steps in the grand scheme of the platformer genre, but it fulfills the promise of a multiplayer Mario much better than anything that the Japanese game maker has done before. Super Mario 3D World is marvelous, and its constant variety and fantastic light-hearted co-op play proves that Nintendo still knows exactly how to tweak their Mario formula in fun ways.

#17 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:23

It's not just ign that gave it a great review, it's pretty much everywhere. This looks like it will be the real highlight of friday.

#18 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:46

Moshi moshi.

Super Mario 3D Land was cool also, brought back the gameplay of the original Mario Bros games. The only thing that kind of sort of bothered me is the worlds felt sort of too much like game courses. Of course, they always were, with floating blocks and all, but I guess it felt sort of disguised. Whats will all the guard railings here surrounding the game area making it kid-proof?

#19 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:51

Looks like I will be getting a Wii U after all (wouldn't have dreamed of getting one a year ago)

Reasons:

1. Xbone and PS4 are a huge disappointment, so will wait until the price goes down and the shrunken versions appear.
  2. I hardly play games at all, these days
  3. The only game that could drag me out of retirement, Bayonetta 2, is, at least for now, a Wii U exclusive.
  4. I might start gaming a little with my 6-year-old son, and the Wii U will have more games which are suitable for him.
  5. Mario

#20 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:07

Looks great.

I almost spit out my mouth full of Coke when the Japanese voice over guy said, "Meeeooowwww" :)

#21 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:16

Looks like I will be getting a Wii U after all (wouldn't have dreamed of getting one a year ago)

Reasons:

1. The only game that could drag me out of retirement, Bayonetta 2, is, at least for now, a Wii U exclusive.

Considering nintendo is the reason bayonetta 2 exists, i doubt its wii u exclusivity will ever change.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:38

That looks a lot more interesting and fun than I expected. Not as stupidly 3d as the first 3d game when nite do first decided to get on the 3d craze and make everything 3d before games where ready for it back on the GameCube.

But... Where's Yoshi.... :(

#23 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:00

Looks awesome!!

#24 OP jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 20 November 2013 - 14:54

Reasons:

1. Xbone and PS4 are a huge disappointment, so will wait until the price goes down and the shrunken versions appear.
  2. I hardly play games at all, these days
  3. The only game that could drag me out of retirement, Bayonetta 2, is, at least for now, a Wii U exclusive.
  4. I might start gaming a little with my 6-year-old son, and the Wii U will have more games which are suitable for him.
  5. Mario

It's a shame most people have the same thought as you about not getting one.  I'll admit the original $350 pricetag was a lot for me to accept based on only 1 real launch title that I wanted (Mario Bros).  But after playing through Mario, Lego City Undercover, and just recently Wii Party U, Wii Fit U and Sports Club I feel like its a great secondary option for gaming.  Sure I'll have my xbox one for CoD, Forza, etc but when I want to just relax and mess around.. I'll grab the gamepad.  Cant wait for Friday

#25 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

Posted 20 November 2013 - 14:58

Yea, galaxy was the closest they came. Both were great games just not the same as the 3d ones

Only two of the best damned games ever made.

http://www.gameranki...com/browse.html

If was stranded on an island and could only have one game with me, it would be SMG2.

#26 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:00

This looks like it is going to be a good game!

#27 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:04

Please say this uses the Wii U Pro Controller and not any of that motion control crap.

Talking of which, is the Wii U Pro Controller the only controller that will work? They're £38 to buy :|

#28 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:06

Please say this uses the Wii U Pro Controller and not any of that motion control crap.

Talking of which, is the Wii U Pro Controller the only controller that will work? They're £38 to buy :|

I'm pretty sure you can use the wii u pro controller in this. Along side of the gamepad and wiimotes

#29 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:08

I'm pretty sure you can use the wii u pro controller in this. Along side of the gamepad and wiimotes

The game can also be played using the Wii Remote (Plus) alone, the Wii Remote with Nunchuk, the Classic Controller (Pro), and the Wii U Pro Controller.

Source: http://en.wikipedia...._World#Gameplay

Sweet.

Do you think the game controls will work 100% with the older Wii (Classic and Classic Pro) controllers? I hope so, they're much cheaper to buy.

Price info., in case people are interested :):

• Wii Classic Controller - White (2006) - £12
  • Wii Classic Controller Pro - Black (2009) - £16
  • Wii Classic Controller Pro - White (2009) - £24
  • Wii Classic Controller Pro - Red (2011) - £24
  • Wii U Pro Controller - Black (Nintendo Wii U) (2012) - £38

I guess what I'm asking is, why buy the Wii U Pro Controller over the Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro?

#30 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:22

According to the video the main player uses the pad, the other can use either the classic wand or a pro controller.