• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Gaming Connoisseur

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 06 November 2013 - 19:34

Will it be updated soon I hope??

Didn't they announce it was no longer actively developed? I wouldn't hold my breathe if I was you.

http://www.panic.com...ion-and-beyond/

#17 einsteinbqat

einsteinbqat

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4S 64GB • iOS 7.1

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:07

To get CandyBar working in Mavericks:

1. Go into a terminal and enter this command:

sudo nano /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
  2. Then change the two entries denoting the Mavericks version number “10.9″ to “10.8″ and save the file.
  3. Now open CandyBar and change your icons.
  4. Make sure you change those values back once you’re finished to avoid future problems.
  5. Rinse/repeat next time you want to run CandyBar again.
The only thing preventing CandyBar from working in Mavericks is this version check. No need to wait for an update (although that would make things waaay more convenient).

GREAT! :)

#18 einsteinbqat

einsteinbqat

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4S 64GB • iOS 7.1

Posted 09 November 2013 - 17:00

If you guys do the trick above. Don't forget to restart the system once you change back to 10.9. Otherwise, some app or sysprefs will tell you that you don't have the proper version even after the change.

#19 Gene Surber

Gene Surber

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 17 November 2013 - 22:03

You could try a little app called LiteIcon. It is currently in Beta, but worked for me.

you can find it here: http://alternativeto...tware/liteicon/  (Look at the top when the page loads).

In regards to changing each icon individually as mr_han_solo recommends -- this is of little use when you have certain system folders or drives that won't allow you to change their icon. For example, I have a bootcamp partition with Windows XP on it. Under OS 10.9 (and previous) the hard drive icon is the ugly barebones one. You can't change the icon no matter how many times you paste a new one on it. CandyBar was the perfect remedy. 

Now... apparently we are not left in the dark. I was very pleased to find LiteIcon. Hope this helps those in the same boat as myself :-)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!