usa hunts burger king warren buffet conagra foods fast-food chain

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#16 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,759 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:19

1) You either don't live in the US or you have a really bad palette.
2) Yes, my burgers at home taste better because they don't sit in a vat of water all day.
3) It's easy; if you don't my complaint, don't read it. Just because you are an assistant manager (all three points of defense tells me that), doesn't mean your garbage tastes good.

I would rather give my money to a politician than dine in your dump.

McDonads still uses beef flavoring in their fries in the USA

current mcdonalds fries ingredients list.. and McDonalds burgers do not sit in water... neither do Five Guys, our local one cooks them to order, they never sit anywhere.... at all. no idea where you got that idea from.... one of those steamed burger joints?..

FRENCH FRIES:

Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*, Citric Acid

[Preservative]), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. Prepared in Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean

Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid added to preserve freshness), Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

#17 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:20

For some prospective, Mcdonalds is pretty pricey. My Chinese buffet, which is very good, costs $6.95 for lunch. Some McDonald meals are $7-8 and even higher.

#18 Ravensky

Ravensky

Neowinian

• 567 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:21

BOYCOTT McDonald's!!!! Eat at home and loose some weight!!!

#19 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,521 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:22

Heinz ketchup usually doesn't fare well in blind taste tests anyway, they could do much better.

I disagree.

Heinz is the only ketchup I like ! :woot:

#20 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:22

2) New York law in the mid 00's prompted most fast food chains to no longer use hydrogenized vegetable oil because it' bad for us. Fries haven't been crispy since.

I know right? I want heart disease with every portion of my fries. 

#21 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,759 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:26

2) New York law in the mid 00's prompted most fast food chains to no longer use hydrogenized vegetable oil because it' bad for us. Fries haven't been crispy since.

In PA, Ohio, WV, MD, VA, and NC a chain called Sheetz still uses trans fat based oil to fry their fries, they had a lot of flack for not switching, their owner basically said too bad don't buy them then you have a choice... also so does the Sonic Drive-In chain

#22 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:27

I very rarely eat at McDonalds and when I do its usually a craving for it or I have to eat right then and there. The food is hit or miss at McDonalds, sometimes its good sometimes its not so good. A couple of days ago I ordered a Habanero ranch burger and the fries that came with it were old tasting and had to send them back. They gave me steaming hot fries which were excellent after. Wendy's is a step up in quality from McDonalds, and I usually like eating there more.

#23 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,759 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:28

BOYCOTT McDonald's!!!! Eat at home and loose some weight!!!

sometimes when I read stuff like this I want to slam my head on the desk.... it has NOTHING TO DO WITH MCDONALDS, it's your metabolism and portions, eat at home you can get just as fat and unhealthy....

#24 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,759 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:30

Wendy's is a step up in quality from McDonalds, and I usually like eating there more.

I stopped eating at Wendy's after they switched their burgers, the new ones are just horrible.... the meat is the same weight but twice as thick and somehow more dense? what is going on there? the buns are bland, and our local one literally drenches the things in butter to the point your sandwich has to be wiped down before you touch it.... I miss the classics in the foil wrappers

#25 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,130 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:31

I never use ketchup on my French fries and like dipping them in the buffalo sauce!

tumblr_l54renrhFy1qbo7v5o1_250.gif

#26 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:33

A lot of people have very fast metabolisms and President Obama would be a good example. I bet President Obama could eat at McDonalds everyday and not gain 1 pound.

#27 x-scratch

x-scratch

whaaaaaaaat

• 2,790 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:37

Are you serious?

yeah i am

#28 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,538 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 00:37

Now I feel like McDonalds. :(

#29 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:14

Wow, is McDonald's really that petty?

Apparently so. They are being just plain silly.

#30 FriendlyBully

FriendlyBully

Neowinian

• 203 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:32

McDonads still uses beef flavoring in their fries in the USA

current mcdonalds fries ingredients list.. and McDonalds burgers do not sit in water... neither do Five Guys, our local one cooks them to order, they never sit anywhere.... at all. no idea where you got that idea from.... one of those steamed burger joints?..

It's not the same. The used to add beef fat, not just stock. It's totally not the same.

Also, not all restaurants are the same. I didn't say Five Guys didn't cook fresh to order, I was merely saying that places like Mcdonalds cook several times a day and keep the patties in a warmer. I know a franchise manager and we have discussed this.

Hey, you guys can eat what you want. I know some regulars that rely on it get defensive, however, I don't like it anymore.