usa hunts burger king warren buffet conagra foods fast-food chain

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#46 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 16:44

Well, it's nice to know that doctors and other eggheads have the power over individual choices. As long as people are aware of the health risks, do you really believe scholars should be able to force or limit peoples' choices? Why not ban alcohol, tobacco, and other stuff... us peasants need direction from the nobility. Oh, they are by driving up costs.

If the tyrants cannot influence change, they force it. What a wonderful world. You can choose to die for your country, but don't you dare risk your life with food that is bad for you.

He is happy to have bureaucrats decree from up on high what the people can and cannot eat. Autocratic control over one's diet is the cool thing these days. Choice, freedom, and individual responsibility is SOOOOO 20th century.

I for one cannot wait to receive my mandatory government nutrition card that spells out exactly what I can eat and when I can eat it.

#47 +riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• 7,783 posts
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 27 October 2013 - 16:45

Hello,

I eat every monday at McDonald's and thought to myself Heinz must make a fortune off McDonald's. This will hurt Heinz.

#48 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 17:35

He is happy to have bureaucrats decree from up on high what the people can and cannot eat. Autocratic control over one's diet is the cool thing these days. Choice, freedom, and individual responsibility is SOOOOO 20th century.

I for one cannot wait to receive my mandatory government nutrition card that spells out exactly what I can eat and when I can eat it.

Putting words in peoples mouths?  :rolleyes:

FriendlyBully couldn't answer it and went off on a different tangent about nobility or something so maybe you'd have the decency of answering what he couldn't 

Please tell me why you'd rather have fries with trans fats than those without? 

It's not exactly effecting your freedom, it's food, so I don't know why you're trying to bring that  into it. "They're taking ma freedoms" err no taking out harmful fats.     :woot:

#49 Gotenks98

Gotenks98

Neowinian

• 1,973 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 17:42

Do you remember when their food used to taste good? I can't believe people still buy the garbage. It's more of a convenience thing now anyway. Too bad the young people will never know what fast food used to taste like in America. I remember the fall of most of it:

No more juicy burgers - Mid 90's, Jack in the box ecoli scare prompted almost all fast food places to overcook the beef and/or cook them early in the day, store them in a metal container with warmed water, then briefly place them on the grill before serving. I swear, I haven't had a "Five Guys" quality burger from a chain since 1998.

Fries into soggy cardboard - McDonalds fries were ruined in two ways:
1) Lawsuit from a vegetarian group in the early 00's prompted them to remove the beef bullion flavor from the fries.
2) New York law in the mid 00's prompted most fast food chains to no longer use hydrogenized vegetable oil because it' bad for us. Fries haven't been crispy since.

Taco Bell Scare - Ecoli outbreak in the late 00's forced Taco Bell the permanently remove green onion from all of their food.

Yep I remember. Its kind of sad. The only way I can eat their fries now is to make them prepare them with no salt. At that point they are fresh and not sitting in grease till someone comes to buy them and best of all they wont be so salt infested. Same thing goes for burger king and chick fil a.

#50 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• 2,097 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Yellow 1020 w/ 8.1

Posted 27 October 2013 - 17:49

McDonalds hasn't been doing so well lately. I'm sure this is just to change the subject.

#51 Gaara sama

Gaara sama

Neowinian

• 742 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 17:49

fast-food  today  taste like Poop 

#52 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• 2,097 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Yellow 1020 w/ 8.1

Posted 27 October 2013 - 17:51

Yep I remember. Its kind of sad. The only way I can eat their fries now is to make them prepare them with no salt. At that point they are fresh and not sitting in grease till someone comes to buy them and best of all they wont be so salt infested. Same thing goes for burger king and chick fil a.

I just assume not have any salt on fries either, since I use either ketchup or bbq sauce. Most of the time now, they are so salty, that you can barely eat them. Look at all the money they could save by not using salt or by using less salt.

#53 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

• 1,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 18:03

Must be a significant savings going from Heinz to Hunt's. Not seeing what that savings is. McDonald's prob needs to save some money somewhere since coming out with their fake chicken (nuggets) wings. 

#54 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

• 1,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 18:06

Hello,

I eat every monday at McDonald's and thought to myself Heinz must make a fortune off McDonald's. This will hurt Heinz.

It will be interesting to see if Heinz raises their prices or re-sizes their bottles in the near future. 

#55 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

• 1,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 18:14

McDonald's Drops Heinz Ketchup

The Huffington Post  |  By Joe Satran Posted: 10/25/2013 6:06 pm EDT  |  Updated: 10/26/2013 2:38 pm EDT

" It's worth noting that most McDonald's locations in the U.S. stopped serving Heinz ketchup a long time ago. Only the stores in the areas around Pittsburgh (the home of Heinz) and Minneapolis currently carry Heinz, John Bennett, vice president of food-service ketchup, condiments and sauces for Heinz, told the Wall Street Journal in 2011. However, many McDonald's locations overseas do use Heinz. "

" McDonald's representatives refused to say which company supplies ketchup to the majority of McDonald's American restaurants at the moment, or which companies might be tapped to produce its ketchup going forward. And a visit to the McDonald's closest to Huffington Post HQ, on 3rd Avenue in Manhattan's East Village, provided no answers; the ketchup there came in packets marked "McDonald's Fancy Ketchup."

http://www.huffingto..._n_4164898.html

#56 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,477 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 18:31

Heinz make the worst products.

Their tomato sauce is terrible.

Tried it once, never again.

I use Pudliszki Mild Ketchup great taste and tastes of tomato.

#57 FriendlyBully

FriendlyBully

Neowinian

• 203 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 21:22

Putting words in peoples mouths?  :rolleyes:

FriendlyBully couldn't answer it and went off on a different tangent about nobility or something so maybe you'd have the decency of answering what he couldn't 

Please tell me why you'd rather have fries with trans fats than those without? 

It's not exactly effecting your freedom, it's food, so I don't know why you're trying to bring that  into it. "They're taking ma freedoms" err no taking out harmful fats.     :woot:

Hugh? Are you insinuating that I am a closet trans fat eater? Was that some sort of serious question which needed my undivided attention? Yes, I prefer trans fat cooking oil because it tastes better. I went to the store today and picked up some McDonalds fries on the way home. They were soggy and tasted like cardboard. At least I know that was heart healthy, because I threw 2/3 of them in the trash! Some people don't mind and just shovel it in.

You may not understand this, but I don't need someone to tell me how to live so I can get an extra couple years of life. What a freaking trade off, live longer but your food doesn't taste good anymore. Like the other guy said, choice like that is so 20th century. We need to be like the UK more; an expert right there to guide everyone through life.

What's up with the last sentence? You still jealous because a bunch of peasants whipped you guys in that war? Of course you are going to make fun of our barbaric freedoms. You guys still knighting street performers?

#58 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 21:27

i like mcdonalds, but i stick to a  select few items since i am cheap :) 1)  french fries are wickedly awesome 2) mcdouble 3) junior chicken

#59 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 21:30

You still jealous because a bunch of peasants whipped you guys in that war? Of course you are going to make fun of our barbaric freedoms. You guys still knighting street performers?

you sound like one angry mad dude...

#60 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 21:32

Hugh? Are you insinuating that I am a closet trans fat eater? Was that some sort of serious question which needed my undivided attention? Yes, I prefer trans fat cooking oil because it tastes better. I went to the store today and picked up some McDonalds fries on the way home. They were soggy and tasted like cardboard. At least I know that was heart healthy, because I threw 2/3 of them in the trash! Some people don't mind and just shovel it in.

You may not understand this, but I don't need someone to tell me how to live so I can get an extra couple years of life. What a freaking trade off, live longer but your food doesn't taste good anymore. Like the other guy said, choice like that is so 20th century. We need to be like the UK more; an expert right there to guide everyone through life.

What's up with the last sentence? You still jealous because a bunch of peasants whipped you guys in that war? Of course you are going to make fun of our barbaric freedoms. You guys still knighting street performers?

So you call it garbage and say people must have poor taste and you still buy it? Seems a tad hypocritical of you. 

Knowledge of what food is good for you isn't exactly 'expert' level stuff. It's actually fairly basic stuff. 

'that war'? Not relevant and no one outside of the US cares. The fact you think a bunch of peasants won shows your lack of knowledge on it.

Seems like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.  :)