Battery life iPhone 4S vs iPhone 5s; big difference in daily usage?

I currently own a 2 year old iPhone 4s.

Since the iPhone 5s has been out for a couple of weeks....

I was wondering... is the battery life of the 5s (significantly) better in daily usage than the 4s?

Or, doesn't it make a real difference (e.g. "10 mins more battery life") - to justify a new iPhone 5s?

I'm not talking about iPods or iMacs, but iPhone 4s

I know that... I said  'DEPENDS ON HOW YOU USE IT.'

such as running apps in background, notifications, etc.

running in background wastes the battery all day if you don't close them.

And turn off sync on any of the apps that you don't use much.. except the important ones such as email.

I know that... I said  'DEPENDS ON HOW YOU USE IT.'

such as running apps in background, notifications, etc.

running in background wastes the battery all day if you don't close them.

And turn off sync on any of the apps that you don't use much.. except the important ones such as email.

I thought the apps in iOS will kill themselves after 10 minutes of not being used, they'll just still be in the multitask bar.

Reason I ask, is my wife never kills her apps and her battery lasts just as long as if they were killed off.

I thought the apps in iOS will kill themselves after 10 minutes of not being used, they'll just still be in the multitask bar.

Reason I ask, is my wife never kills her apps and her battery lasts just as long as if they were killed off.

Don't ask me..

My brother's iPad lasts few hours...  my iPad lasts a week... my brother's jealous because he wants iPad that lasts long as mine but his doesn't.

my iPod touch lasts a month or two.

Don't ask me..

My brother's iPad lasts few hours...  my iPad lasts a week... my brother's jealous because he wants iPad that lasts long as mine but his doesn't.

my iPod touch lasts a month or two.

You must not use your electronics very long. And he's jealous because you don't have to charge yours as much? Does charging really bother people?

You must not use your electronics very long. And he's jealous because you don't have to charge yours as much? Does charging really bother people?

I use them...    I know how to take care of it... since I am a pc tech... I know what I am doing.

Charging is up to the user...   I don't care about the charging... 

Couldn't you get a battery pack case for the iPhone 5s that adds battery life to the device? I saw a gentleman with one on a 5 I believe, claiming something along the lines of 16 hours of use time. I don't have any personal experience with one though, but if I had an iPhone, it'd definitely be something I'd consider.

Personally, I'd probably wait for the iPhone 6 if I already had a 4s, but that all depends on what you want to do. We have nothing to go on for the 6, other than some rumor that it'll be a 6" phone which I seriously doubt since that rumor always comes and goes.

I use them...    I know how to take care of it... since I am a pc tech... I know what I am doing.

Charging is up to the user...   I don't care about the charging... 

So, since you know what you're doing and I obviously don't. How do I make my iPad last longer than a day if I'm using it all day on a trip?

Problem is my battery is kinda draining quickly. Or will a new battery for the 4s just do the trick?

A least it's cheaper...

Well how long does it last currently? my 4 could get over a day without any issues, but I'm careful to look after my battery, my new 5s easily does 2 days.

But as mentioned before depends on what your using it for, run sat-nav for a few hours and it'll drain quite quickly.

but overall Yes I'd say the 5s lasts longer than my 4 at similar usage.

I mean I took mine off charge yesterday morning and its still at 58% (tho quite light usage the last day)