Photo

What is the best VGA for a web developer? Nvidia 610, 620, 630 or 640?

vga evga nvidia graphics

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 OP Pubudu Kodikara

Pubudu Kodikara

Neowinian

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:42

Ok then I'll go for a small GPU. But what is the best to beat Intel HD 2000 ? Nvidia 610 (2GB), 620 (1gb) or 630 (1gb)? (Those are the available options in the market)

#17 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:14

Ok then I'll go for a small GPU. But what is the best to beat Intel HD 2000 ? Nvidia 610 (2GB), 620 (1gb) or 630 (1gb)? (Those are the available options in the market)

Both of those will easily beat the intel graphics. Like others have said, the best option is to get an IPS monitor and a monitor calibrator like:

http://www.wexphotog...cffhktaod1viaua

#18 OP Pubudu Kodikara

Pubudu Kodikara

Neowinian

Posted 27 October 2013 - 15:10

Both of those will easily beat the intel graphics. Like others have said, the best option is to get an IPS monitor and a monitor calibrator like:

http://www.wexphotog...cffhktaod1viaua

Replacing the existing monitor won't be easy :(

#19 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 October 2013 - 15:19

Replacing the existing monitor won't be easy :(

How come? Surely it's easier than replacing a graphics card? 

#20 OP Pubudu Kodikara

Pubudu Kodikara

Neowinian

Posted 27 October 2013 - 15:24

How come? Surely it's easier than replacing a graphics card? 

Things are not that cheap in my country. Even graphics card can be double the price here!

#21 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 October 2013 - 15:36

Are you positive all your settings are correct? From what it sounds you don't need to replace your monitor if it's working with your laptop.

Have you tried changing your screen resolution in settings? Are you running Windows?

#22 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

Posted 27 October 2013 - 17:05

Things are not that cheap in my country. Even graphics card can be double the price here!

Better to buy the thing that will achieve what you want, rather than something that will not.

If you buy a graphics card alone, you'll have better performance, but crispness and colour will look exactly how it currently does. You'll be disappointed and end up waiting until you can afford a new monitor and calibrator, which is what you really need for more crispness and colour accuracy.

#23 OP Pubudu Kodikara

Pubudu Kodikara

Neowinian

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:06

Actually im running Ubuntu. Hey I just made some adjustments in the monitor and I think now it have good colors. The Magic Color feature in Samsung might have messed up my colors a bit. After turning it off, things are just like the laptop. But still small performance issues are there like the browser getting stuck occasionally. Linux Unity is laggy (It need 3D graphics). Most of my hardware are good except for the graphics card. So that's the only thing I can blame!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!