What was your first smartphone?

I also think a lot of people don't know the difference between "1st" and "all" :D

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise that listing all the mobile devices I'd owned was against your rules on this forum!!

My first "smart"phone was an Acer S200 NeoTouch. Actually the best sounding phone I ever had, clear vioces during chats compared to other phones. It was just dreadful with its original Acer ROM.

My first was a Samsung Focus, the 1st Windows Phone gen. Android 2.3 didn?t look to different from other OS's at the time. WP caught my eye lol.

Mango2.jpg

This thread really goes back into the smartphone history books when you look at it.

I started on an iPhone 3GS, you don't need pictures for that :P

Then I moved to the HTC One S.

My first smartphone was an iPhone 3GS 32GB on AT&T that I purchased in 2009 (on release).

The phone is still in use today by a family member and is still in great condition after 4 years of use. 

Prior to that I carried around a feature phone and a PocketPC made by HP (I think it was the h1940 or h1945) running Windows Mobile 2003 1st edition.  Although Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition came out 3 months after I purchased my device, it did not receive an upgrade.  I'm leery of devices that don't receive good support after release, and that's one reason why I've stuck with Apple since the 3GS.

My smartphone history: Nokia Ngage QD (2004) > Nokia 6630 (2005) > Nokia N95 (2007) > HTC Desire (2010) > Galaxy Nexus (2012)

vwtjs6.jpg
(A photo from 2012 of all my old phones)

• Nokia 6630 - Not a smart phone, however it was my first ever phone and in the above picture i found.
  • Nokia Ngage QD - My first smartphone, I thought a phone been able to play Tomb Raider in 3D was amazing at the time, this was back in 2004. My interest in smart phones had started.
  • Nokia 6630 - This phone could play a lot of Ngage games, supported 3g and had a camera.
  • Nokia N95 - I think the N95 was really ahead of its time, the camera was fantastic on it. It wasn't until the iPhone 4 Apple finally had a camera in the iPhone which was as good as / better than the N95. The N95 supported HSPA and made a great Wi-fi hotspot. Nokia maps was also really good at the time and the GPS functionality worked great. The official TomTom app was also very useful.
  • HTC Desire - The phone which finally got me to upgrade from the N95, could do everything my N95 could, but better. I think the camera was almost as good as the N95, however recorded much better video.
  • Galaxy Nexus - 720p screen, 1080p video recording and the first phone to run Android 4.0. Stock Android was finally nice and i wanted in on the action!

Who knows what's next, i do really like the look of the Nexus 5, however i'm perfectly happy with the Galaxy Nexus at the moment if i'm honest.

I did have a Samsung Tocco Lite, but I'm not sure that classes as a smart phone. After that, I bought the phone I have now, which is a HTC Windows Phone 8S.