Windows 8.1 - Ghost keyboard?

Hello,

I'm having a weird experience with my Windows 8.1.

My language preference are configured for 1 langage: English (Canada) using 1 keyboard Canadien French.

But for an unknown reason, sometime, in the taskbar, the langage bar shows up and I have another option: English (US) with English US keyboard. When this appear, I check in langage and that keyboard isn't there.

anyone know how to get rid of that? When this happen, only way I found was too restart the computer to have it disapear.

Thanks!

Are you the Canadian "Nodiaque" on Steam? If so, you'll probably find that the US ENG keyboard setting appears when you launch certain games. You'll find people talking about this on the Steam forums as far back as 2010. There's no solution as far as I know.

Wow, you found me through steam? lol, but I don't recall making a post about that on steam.

Problem is, I didn't start any game yet, not even steam. All that was running is firefox and mediacoder.

Still stupid since this behavior wasn't there in the past with Windows 7 and my keyboard stay in french canadien, I just have the option to switch to english and that langage bar stay there even if I set it to hide...

I've seen this too, I just ignore it as it appears very rarely, I've never attempted to add a second keyboard though. It has the choice of british or US keyboards when it appears