no time of release yet.

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 November 2013 - 16:36

So are you saying that all PC gamers are wrong to spend money on GPUs. They should just buy a cheap gpu and run their games at low res and upscale them.

You just saved millions of people hundred of $ congrats.

What he's saying is if they didn't have the two side by side they probably wouldn't know they're missing anything

We care.  The average person probably wouldn't.

#62 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 03 November 2013 - 16:38

What he's saying is if they didn't have the two side by side they probably wouldn't know they're missing anything

We care.  The average person probably wouldn't.

I know the average person don't care. Some people don't even see the difference between SNES gfx and Xbox 360.

Personally i did not need side by side to know GoW was extremely low res. It was so blurry i was not surprised a little bit when i learned it was 540p.

Anyway if people are happy with that then it's all fine. I'll buy next gen console(s) when they'll be at 300$ if there's enough exclusive games i want to play. It's easy now anyway to play multiplatform games on PC while sitting on my couch using a wireless controller. Steam got some awesome deals anyway. Can't wait to try that Steam controller.

#63 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 03 November 2013 - 17:03

I think trying to make this about pc vs consoles is silly at best. 

Consoles have never be better then pcs when it comes to the raw specs you can have in a pc.  That means a person can spend the money and build a pc that will out perform any console. 

I think what some pc gamers need to realize is that there are also downsides to their method that many gamers simply are not interested in.  I happen to game across pc and consoles, but I don't get this feeling of pain playing on a console that some people seem to get. Somehow, I still enjoy console games even as I am part of the pc 'master race'.

Today, things are even more interesting since consoles are becoming more and more pc like in their function and features.  Consoles are more general use now then ever, offering a broader focus then just gaming for all your media needs. Again, like pcs.  That combined with a lower price compared to a complete pc and the idea that once you buy a console, there wont be any pressure to upgrade for at least 5 years, makes consoles attractive to many people.

#64 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 03 November 2013 - 17:25

I'm not making this PC against consoles. I play console games since the days of Atari 2600 way before my family had its first PC.

But to compare 1080p against 720p you HAVE to bring PC gaming into the discussion cause there's no such things as 1080p console gaming right now.

I don't understand why some people are so much offended by the people like me who expected next gen to be 1080p. It's like we are attacking their baby ...

#65 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

Posted 03 November 2013 - 17:27

pese2.jpg

#66 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 03 November 2013 - 17:29

pese2.jpg

So true it's not even funny. I'm totally speechless by the level of hypocrisy.

#67 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 03 November 2013 - 18:12

pese2.jpg

Because graphics == resolution

:facepalm:

why are you even posting in console threads, you've already stated you are only a PC gamer, you don't get any consoles and think PC's are the only suitable way to game... so why do you post here ? only one answer comes to mind...

#68 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 03 November 2013 - 19:18

I'm not making this PC against consoles. I play console games since the days of Atari 2600 way before my family had its first PC.

But to compare 1080p against 720p you HAVE to bring PC gaming into the discussion cause there's no such things as 1080p console gaming right now.

I don't understand why some people are so much offended by the people like me who expected next gen to be 1080p. It's like we are attacking their baby ...

I don't know who started the argument, nor do I care.  Its an argument that was settled years ago.  PCs are going to offer higher quality gaming than consoles.  End of story.  With every console generation, the question that each gamer has to answer is if the difference between the pc and consoles is great enough to keep them from buying a console.

No one should be offended by your expectations, nor do I think they are unreasonable.  If you feel that the reality is too far below PCs to be worth buying, then you don't need to be buying a console.  Its not an unreasonable spot to be in.  People buy consoles for many reasons, sometimes its a single one, sometimes its a list of them. There are fanboys and trolls for every side of this argument, ignore them.

All that matters is this:

Does the reality that neither console will be 1080p/60 standard keep you from buying one?

If it does, well then you have the pc to fall back and on and its great.  If it doesn't, then your obviously still going to buy into the games you want to play or the features you want to use.

#69 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 03 November 2013 - 21:15

I'm not making this PC against consoles. I play console games since the days of Atari 2600 way before my family had its first PC.But to compare 1080p against 720p you HAVE to bring PC gaming into the discussion cause there's no such things as 1080p console gaming right now.I don't understand why some people are so much offended by the people like me who expected next gen to be 1080p. It's like we are attacking their baby ...

But Forza 5 is 1070p at 60fps. Is that not now because it's 3 weeks away? That's a 1080p launch title. It'll only get better from there.

#70 Veiva

Veiva

Neowinian

Posted 03 November 2013 - 21:28

So I ask the question I keep asking and none of the resolution complainers will answer

would Quake 1 be next gen when rendered at 1080p or even 4k ? no ? 

I didn't know the PC was only capable of Quake 1 graphics at 1080p and 60 FPS.

See, that's the problem: my PC is capable of better graphics despite being older than the new Xbox or PlayStation. If I wanted subpar graphics I'd play the Wii U. There's a reason I'm getting Watch_Dogs for the PC and not my Wii U, etc.

#71 Houtei

Houtei

Neowinian

Posted 03 November 2013 - 21:49

In the end we are talking about 400-500$ pc-like gaming machine that will perform better than any 500 dollar pc.  Also we are talking about games that been under development for some time now on alpha and beta builds of development kits.   Just look at graphics on ps3-360 on launch compared to 1-2 years later.

Also its prolly 10 times as hard to get 1080p 60fps or even 30fps on BF4 than it was on BF2 that came out on ps3-360. As games ge better looking its becomes a lot harder to get the resolution higher.   720p would be as low as I would go but I sacrifice 1080 anyday for better higher graphic settings.

Another thing, am I the only one that thinks crisis 1 looks like crap even on max settings compared to a lot of other games?  Maybe its just the style I don't like.

#72 incendy

incendy

Neowinian

Posted 03 November 2013 - 22:01

Why are console players casual players? because they don't buy super expensive gaming rigs with double dual gpu graphics cards and 1600W power supplies, multiple SSD's and the latest i7(despite the fact no games for the foreseeable future would be able to max out a i5 anyway).

playing on a console isn't a measure on whether someone is a casual gamer or not. 

Did I really say that lol. I didn't mean casual as in not a real gamer. More as in not people who want to tweak computers to get the most power.

#73 mrp04

mrp04

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 November 2013 - 22:16

and as i keep saying. this generation is just starting. give it a couple years and I bet all new games with be doing 1080p60 easily on both consoles

I doubt it. if PS4 can't do 1080p60 easily now then XB1 will never be able to. It won't be able to gain 50% performance.

#74 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 03 November 2013 - 22:42

Someone show me a PC gaming rig that runs BF4 in native 1080p and a minimum 60fps for $400-$500 and I'll buy them a Ice Cream.

I'm not into FORZA, but last I checked its native 1080/60, is that not good enough?

I also believe KZ:SF is native 1080/60, so it can be done.

I'm to a point now, where it doesn't matter any longer. As long as the Xbox One, is a leap over the 360, I'm good.

Doesn't matter what the "Master Race" thinks. If the PC gamers sit so high and mighty, what does it matter what console gamers are doing below?

#75 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 November 2013 - 23:03

I doubt it. if PS4 can't do 1080p60 easily now then XB1 will never be able to. It won't be able to gain 50% performance.

X1 is doing 1080p60 though.  See Forza.  The 50% thing is nonsense.