49 posts in this topic

Posted

The government has announced that all street conversations in the UK will now be monitored with listening devices inserted into lamp posts. :huh:

Think I

post-37120-0-49279800-1383040614.jpg

Posted

I'd just shout out some key words and then give the camera my beautiful middle finger!

But seriously... I'm never going outside again.

4 people like this

Posted

Big Brother is listening everywhere.  :shifty:

Posted

I'd yell Allah ! and Jihad !!! :woot:

1 person likes this

Posted

Its a similar system to that used in the US of A and is over there at least,used to pinpoint small arms fire so I understand.

Posted

This is one seriously ######ed up world we live in :(

3 people like this

Posted

This is one seriously ****ed up world we live in :(

It's getting a bit scary to tell you the truth.

2 people like this

Posted

and surely that was ineffective, just look what happen when Muslim wielding machete near an unarmed British soldier ... 

Posted

You can stay calm and still detonate a bomb, useless. It's the NSA again!

Posted

Never heard of Akashic Times and seems odd for them to rehash news from 2010

Systems like this are fairly common. 

Also a FOI request showed it was never used beyond the 6 month testing phase in Coventry. 

There's very little on the Internet about it so I'm doubtful it's still in use. 

Seems like a crappy source for news. 

Posted

Not surprising coming from the UK.

Posted

Never heard of Akashic Times and seems odd for them to rehash news from 2010

Systems like this are fairly common. 

I thought this sounded familiar.

Posted

Not surprising coming from the UK.

Also used in the Netherlands. Point being?

Posted

all this terrorism excuses are so annoying. Read bible and you will know exactly whats happening. And no im not being sarcastic.

Posted

Why do people get so defensive over stuff like this? I don't get it.

I get that one's privacy means a lot, but honestly, they don't care about general conversations, they're just looking out for key words and such, if anything, it can help set up a profile of a said area or person, which in one way would stop accidental raids on innocent homes (which do happen from time to time)

Posted

Dushmany, on 30 Oct 2013 - 09:22, said:

Why do people get so defensive over stuff like this? I don't get it.

I get that one's privacy means a lot, but honestly, they don't care about general conversations, they're just looking out for key words and such, if anything, it can help set up a profile of a said area or person, which in one way would stop accidental raids on innocent homes (which do happen from time to time)

Or if you happen to come up with the most recent buzzwords of choice, something anti-government etc.. you'll be targeted for a raid by that afternoon

Posted

why do you believe the government when they say its to fight crime and terrorism? This is the biggest lie ever. They blow up a few bombs, people get scared, then they say we will protect you. Each time the public allows the government to take more and more control just for their safety, when in fact its becoming less safe now than it ever was.

Posted

why do you believe the government when they say its to fight crime and terrorism? This is the biggest lie ever. They blow up a few bombs, people get scared, then they say we will protect you. Each time the public allows the government to take more and more control just for their safety, when in fact its becoming less safe now than it ever was.

I don't I just don't think I have anything to worry about, as I have nothing to hide, like everyone else, I just live my life within the accepted norm,

(Or I'm just na

1 person likes this

Posted

Or if you happen to come up with the most recent buzzwords of choice, something anti-government etc.. you'll be targeted for a raid by that afternoon

I would think that 'they' would know the difference between a known criminal/terrorist/*insert watched profile here* and someone simply taking the p**s

it's not like they have monkeys monitoring this stuff, they must be trained to filter out/know the difference between general chatter and potential plots

Posted

Well your not on my list................yet!

1 person likes this

Posted

Well your not on my list................yet!

If you're an extremely hot female and in the mood, please feel free to put me on your list :p

Posted

Dushmany, on 30 Oct 2013 - 09:46, said:Dushmany, on 30 Oct 2013 - 09:46, said:

I would think that 'they' would know the difference between a known criminal/terrorist/*insert watched profile here* and someone simply taking the p**s

it's not like they have monkeys monitoring this stuff, they must be trained to filter out/know the difference between general chatter and potential plots

Since we're throwing around hypotheticals here - more than likely they will be instructed to keep a watch on anyone who says anything remotely "interesting". Governments know the amount of potential civil unrest that is coming, they've been pushing it for years just waiting for things to boil over and then they can implement as many draconian crackdowns as they like in the name of "protecting the country" or "combating domestic terrorism" or some other nonsense reason.

If anything, plans like that would have been put in place for 40 years just waiting for the time to be wheeled out. As an example look up REX 84 from the United States and look at the language used, then compare to todays language for describing the same thing. Nothing has changed, and no doubt the UK and other countries have something similar.

Posted

~snipped~

Like I said, maybe I'm just na