Photo

Big Brother is listening in the UK

england lamp posts counteract terrorism distressed voices number-plate databases 1984

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,440 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:17

all this terrorism excuses are so annoying. Read bible and you will know exactly whats happening. And no im not being sarcastic.

#17 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:22

Why do people get so defensive over stuff like this? I don't get it.

I get that one's privacy means a lot, but honestly, they don't care about general conversations, they're just looking out for key words and such, if anything, it can help set up a profile of a said area or person, which in one way would stop accidental raids on innocent homes (which do happen from time to time)

#18 ramesees

ramesees

Neowinian Senior

• 2,537 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:29

Dushmany, on 30 Oct 2013 - 09:22, said:

Why do people get so defensive over stuff like this? I don't get it.

I get that one's privacy means a lot, but honestly, they don't care about general conversations, they're just looking out for key words and such, if anything, it can help set up a profile of a said area or person, which in one way would stop accidental raids on innocent homes (which do happen from time to time)

Or if you happen to come up with the most recent buzzwords of choice, something anti-government etc.. you'll be targeted for a raid by that afternoon

#19 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,440 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:29

why do you believe the government when they say its to fight crime and terrorism? This is the biggest lie ever. They blow up a few bombs, people get scared, then they say we will protect you. Each time the public allows the government to take more and more control just for their safety, when in fact its becoming less safe now than it ever was.

#20 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

• 11,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:43

why do you believe the government when they say its to fight crime and terrorism? This is the biggest lie ever. They blow up a few bombs, people get scared, then they say we will protect you. Each time the public allows the government to take more and more control just for their safety, when in fact its becoming less safe now than it ever was.

I don't I just don't think I have anything to worry about, as I have nothing to hide, like everyone else, I just live my life within the accepted norm,

(Or I'm just naïve and still have faith in my community)

#21 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

• 11,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:46

Or if you happen to come up with the most recent buzzwords of choice, something anti-government etc.. you'll be targeted for a raid by that afternoon

I would think that 'they' would know the difference between a known criminal/terrorist/*insert watched profile here* and someone simply taking the p**s

it's not like they have monkeys monitoring this stuff, they must be trained to filter out/know the difference between general chatter and potential plots

#22 arachnoid

arachnoid

Times a Ticking

• 3,373 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:53

Well your not on my list................yet!

#23 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

• 11,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:55

Well your not on my list................yet!

If you're an extremely hot female and in the mood, please feel free to put me on your list :p

#24 ramesees

ramesees

Neowinian Senior

• 2,537 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:57

Dushmany, on 30 Oct 2013 - 09:46, said:Dushmany, on 30 Oct 2013 - 09:46, said:

I would think that 'they' would know the difference between a known criminal/terrorist/*insert watched profile here* and someone simply taking the p**s

it's not like they have monkeys monitoring this stuff, they must be trained to filter out/know the difference between general chatter and potential plots

Since we're throwing around hypotheticals here - more than likely they will be instructed to keep a watch on anyone who says anything remotely "interesting". Governments know the amount of potential civil unrest that is coming, they've been pushing it for years just waiting for things to boil over and then they can implement as many draconian crackdowns as they like in the name of "protecting the country" or "combating domestic terrorism" or some other nonsense reason.

If anything, plans like that would have been put in place for 40 years just waiting for the time to be wheeled out. As an example look up REX 84 from the United States and look at the language used, then compare to todays language for describing the same thing. Nothing has changed, and no doubt the UK and other countries have something similar.

#25 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

• 11,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:59

~snipped~

Like I said, maybe I'm just naïve, I'm just not at the point where I think we should be worried, yet.

#26 ramesees

ramesees

Neowinian Senior

• 2,537 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:02

Dushmany, on 30 Oct 2013 - 09:59, said:

Like I said, maybe I'm just naïve, I'm just not at the point where I think we should be worried, yet.

Unfortunately too many people have the same attitude - and my question to you is the same as it is to them.

At what point do you think you / we should be worried ? If its at the point of a gun or forced curfews or similar measures, then its too late.

#27 arachnoid

arachnoid

Times a Ticking

• 3,373 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:05

The microphones in question are not accurate enough to pick anything up other than back ground noise,recording a conversation on such a device would need a directional parabolic reflector and some high end electronics.These are just cheap omni directional devices that pick up high pitch sounds and the software categorizes its threat level.

#28 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

• 11,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:07

Unfortunately too many people have the same attitude - and my question to you is the same as it is to them.

At what point do you think you / we should be worried ? If its at the point of a gun or forced curfews or similar measures, then its too late.

Interesting point, but what happens in movies like V for Vendetta don't always happen in real life, if anything, movies like Day after Tomorrow, or 2012 prove that point. We're Still here, I do understand your point but rallying against such measures could be considered an act of terrorism in their warped understandings also, I don't have the perfect solution and it is a situation beyond my control, worrying about it would solve nothing, rallying against it could escalate into riots, Bradford reminds me of such an incident, plus there's always an 'escape clause' built into these policies, otherwise the government would get crucified by it's people, so things like this may never get off the ground, and if it did, there's a chance it doesn't get any momentum.

#29 ramesees

ramesees

Neowinian Senior

• 2,537 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:15

Dushmany, on 30 Oct 2013 - 10:07, said:

Interesting point, but what happens in movies like V for Vendetta don't always happen in real life, if anything, movies like Day after Tomorrow, or 2012 prove that point. We're Still here, I do understand your point but rallying against such measures could be considered an act of terrorism in their warped understandings also, I don't have the perfect solution and it is a situation beyond my control, worrying about it would solve nothing, rallying against it could escalate into riots, Bradford reminds me of such an incident, plus there's always an 'escape clause' built into these policies, otherwise the government would get crucified by it's people, so things like this may never get off the ground, and if it did, there's a chance it doesn't get any momentum.

Don't believe the propaganda that the governments are kept in check by the population who have "voted" to put them there. No matter which side of the House a party sits on it makes no difference. Conservative, Labour, Lib Dems, blue, red, yellow, green, it doesn't matter they all have their role to play and its theatre for the masses giving us the illusion of democracy and freedoms.

What are the public going to do against a government who have the military on hand to quell any disruptions and riots or challenges ? It wouldn't take much to push through legislation to have army on the streets enforcing curfews and whatever, and given the right situation (engineered or not) you would have members of the public calling for it as well - thus the government can then say "look we are listening to what the people want - they want armed personnel on the streets, they want curfews, they want to feel safe" etc... and the outcome which was planned for and prepared for comes to fruition.

#30 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

• 11,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:23

Don't believe the propaganda that the governments are kept in check by the population who have "voted" to put them there. No matter which side of the House a party sits on it makes no difference. Conservative, Labour, Lib Dems, blue, red, yellow, green, it doesn't matter they all have their role to play and its theatre for the masses giving us the illusion of democracy and freedoms.

What are the public going to do against a government who have the military on hand to quell any disruptions and riots or challenges ? It wouldn't take much to push through legislation to have army on the streets enforcing curfews and whatever, and given the right situation (engineered or not) you would have members of the public calling for it as well - thus the government can then say "look we are listening to what the people want - they want armed personnel on the streets, they want curfews, they want to feel safe" etc... and the outcome which was planned for and prepared for comes to fruition.

I'm sorry.

What are they going to do? Execute the population of the country?

Even those said soldiers have the ability to make a 'judgement call' and I'm pretty sure no soldier will open fire on an unarmed civilian or member of their family because they were ordered to, and continued escalation following that exact model would lead to there being no government left as there'd be no 'people' left

England stood as the last line of defence in the 1940's if history proves anything, it's that the people as different as we all are, are not going to lie down and take it, I just don't think there's anything to worry about.

But hey if you're right and I'm wrong, I'll be the first to stand up and say so.