Photo

Big Brother is listening in the UK

england lamp posts counteract terrorism distressed voices number-plate databases 1984

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,029 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:26

all this terrorism excuses are so annoying. Read bible and you will know exactly whats happening. And no im not being sarcastic.

The bible has nothing to do with this and you don't need to read it to make sense of any of this.

#32 arachnoid

arachnoid

Times a Ticking

• 3,133 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:47

Given the lives taken in the name of religion i.e. Christian Crusades I think we are best leaving the bible out of this one

#33 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,410 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:52

The bible has nothing to do with this and you don't need to read it to make sense of any of this.

but if you read bible you will know what everything is coming. Im not saying this is directly relative to the bible, but it clearly states everything that the world will come too and what will happen.

#34 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• 1,055 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:18

but if you read bible you will know what everything is coming. Im not saying this is directly relative to the bible, but it clearly states everything that the world will come too and what will happen.

Bible thumpers have a damn impressive record of predicting the apocalypse. They have failed EVERY SINGLE TIME. That is consistent, if anything.

If you want to use a book of fiction to predict the future, use 1984. A lot more plausible and a better story than the bible.

#35 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,415 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:03

Lets not turn this into a religion thread, we already have one of those.

#36 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,473 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:15

Its a similar system to that used in the US of A and is over there at least,used to pinpoint small arms fire so I understand.

Unless I'm unaware, We have no such system like that in the USA. :p

#37 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,536 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:32

I'd yell Allah ! and Jihad !!! :woot:

Removed. Didn't want to get into trouble.

#38 arachnoid

arachnoid

Times a Ticking

• 3,133 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:41

Maybe not now but it has been used in getto areas

#39 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,473 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:54

Maybe not now but it has been used in getto areas

Hmm...didn't know that...I'm going to have to research that now! :)

#40 arachnoid

arachnoid

Times a Ticking

• 3,133 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 14:00

Just heard on the radio the BBC reported that China with all its citizen over watch has released a story of attempted terrorism on its streets, so despite all that censorship it doesn't stop acts of terrorism.It involved a husband,wife and mother in law breaking through a security barrier and running over a large crowd injuring many and killing two.Chinese news reported there were petrol and gas containers aboard the vehicle when it crashed and burst in to flames,five others were also under arrest,

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-china-24742810

#41 ramesees

ramesees

Neowinian Senior

• 2,531 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 14:25

arachnoid, on 30 Oct 2013 - 14:00, said:

Just heard on the radio the BBC reported that China with all its citizen over watch has released a story of attempted terrorism on its streets, so despite all that censorship it doesn't stop acts of terrorism.It involved a husband,wife and mother in law breaking through a security barrier and running over a large crowd injuring many and killing two.Chinese news reported there were petrol and gas containers aboard the vehicle when it crashed and burst in to flames,five others were also under arrest,

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-china-24742810

That is not the purpose of such systems! These measures are put in place primarily and solely for the purposes of spying on citizens of a country - no matter which country that happens to be.

Governments chief motivations are paranoia and psychopathy - they will do whatever it takes to hold onto power and control and the best way to ensure this is to put systems in place that lock down what the population do, where they go, what they say, etc... Look for example at the rise in laws which govern what you can and cant say and how everything is being labelled hate speech or incitement to something or other, and the rise in utterly over the top political correctness.

Just because its the UK doing it or China or North Korea or the United States or Australia or <insert "good" country here> doesn't mean jack all. The propaganda over the past 50 - 100 years of "oh we live in the West, we're a democracy, we're free we're a good nation" vs "they are evil, and fascist and don't have democracy and aren't free" is just pure nonsense when supposedly "good" countries start doing the very things they decry in other countries.

As the saying goes:

By their fruits shall you know them

#42 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 18:43

Just give it time.

#43 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,473 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 19:54

Just give it time.

I wouldn't be surprised. Our society is looking more and more like "V" for Vendetta everyday.

#44 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,029 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 19:59

There is nothing in the bible that hasn't been said a thousand times before or after. Anyone can make a prediction and over a long enough time period, some of those just odds wise are bound to come true. But please, what bible prediction deals directly to this current topic of surveillance?

#45 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 00:24

There is nothing in the bible that hasn't been said a thousand times before or after. Anyone can make a prediction and over a long enough time period, some of those just odds wise are bound to come true. But please, what bible prediction deals directly to this current topic of surveillance?

I don't think it deals with this surveillance, but the general direction society is going. 

Revelation 13:16-17

16And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.…

If you can't buy or sell without government permission, then it stands to reason that they will tell you what you can and can not buy or sell. They will be an very authoritarian society that tightly controls their citizens, and that also means they will be ever watchful that their citizens do not get out of line. All of this parallels what we are seeing beginning around us today.  

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!