Review of Windows Vista

vista

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 68k

Neowinian Senior

• 2,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:48

If only they released both Windows 8 and Windows 7 Service Pack 2, then Microsoft will know where to dedicate their resources more. They should not be driven by the growing mobile market but they should have stick with Windows 7 and improve it. Yes, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are based from Windows 7 but with mobile phones and tablets in mind.

A few times, Microsoft laughed at Apple's offerings, but then seriously took up Jobs' speech on the post-PC era - this is where their main focus is now. They don't want to be late to the party again like they were with smartphones and tablets. Ballmer mentioned that Windows 8 would be risk.

#77 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,507 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:51

If only they released both Windows 8 and Windows 7 Service Pack 2, then Microsoft will know where to dedicate their resources more. They should not be driven by the growing mobile market but they should have stick with Windows 7 and improve it. Yes, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are based from Windows 7 but with mobile phones and tablets in mind.

Because in today's world, mobility is key. Windows 7 is still very much like Windows 95 - developed primarily for stationary computers, and laptops. Windows 8/8.1 break that mold, and have turned Windows into a mobile OS.

#78 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:14

I didn't like how window color would always turn black when you maximized them.

#79 PeRTeX

PeRTeX

Neowinian

• 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:20

Good thing they changed that in Windows 7.

I didn't like how window color would always turn black when you maximized them.

#80 OP Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:22

Because in today's world, mobility is key. Windows 7 is still very much like Windows 95 - developed primarily for stationary computers, and laptops. Windows 8/8.1 break that mold, and have turned Windows into a mobile OS.

I agree because, when I wake up, I press the button on my phone or tablet to turn the screen on and check my emails. In 2007 for instance I would be waiting for my laptop to boot to check my email. Computing is evolving currently, but right now there is  struggle or battle between mobile computers (tablets,hybrids, phones) )and traditional laptop and desktop pcs. I think laptops and desktops will stick around for the near future, but more tablets and phones will increase in numbers. Windows 8 was designed to be a one for all OS to work on tablets, and about everything.

#81 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

• 2,750 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 18:32

Sounds like Windows 8 too. I'm sure if people gave it a chance [...]  they'd like it too.

Time for another 'Mojave' experiment.

#82 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 19:12

A few times, Microsoft laughed at Apple's offerings, but then seriously took up Jobs' speech on the post-PC era - this is where their main focus is now. 

What if Apple was wrong about it all?

#83 RyanSkilton

RyanSkilton

Neowinian

• 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:37

I always liked Windows 7 better than Vista.