• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:08

Titanfall will be PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One exclusive for 'life of the title' (update: studio head speaks out)
By Timothy J. Seppala posted Oct 29th, 2013 at 6:34 PM

titanfall-620.jpg

Titanfall, one of Microsoft's big reveals at its E3 presser, will remain "exclusive for the life of the title" to the PC and Xbox platforms, publisher Electronic Arts' CFO Blake Jorgensen said during a financial call today. This comes just a week afterdeveloper Respawn Entertainment revealed the game's March 2014 release date and hefty $250 collector's edition. If this is a make-or-break for you on choosing which next-gen console to buy first, there still might be an Xbox One pre-order hiding out somewhere.

Update: Respawn studio head Vince Zampella took to Twitter stating thatTitanfall had always been planned as a Microsoft exclusive at launch, but that "EA made the deal for the rest, we only found out recently." This makes it sound as if the team had plans to bring the title to other platforms in the future, but the business end put the kibosh on the notion.

Source: Engadget

#2 ozzy76

ozzy76

Neowinian

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:12

Interesting language "life of the title"

#3 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:17

Not sure what he's upset about. This is to be expected when you partner with EA. From a business standpoint, I cannot argue the move. However, for a gamer, that's rather lame.

Thankfully, I'm not too concerned about it considering my preferred FPS platform is PC anyway.

#4 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:33

its only exclusive for TF1

#5 +RageOfFury

RageOfFury

Jennifer Love Hewitt worshiper

• Phone: HTC One GPE

Posted 30 October 2013 - 00:55

Zampella and friends went from one stubborn company (Activision) to another (EA). They should of seen this coming.

#6 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:55

Glad I'm getting an Xbox One. Game looks amazing. I'm also getting a PS4, but that's why I wasn't going to bet on PS4 getting the game when it was never stated it would be a timed exclusive. It will probably have the same effect as Mass Effect. That helps out MS and they are banking on that.

#7 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:42

Sony fanboy meltdown over at reddit and neogaf is hilarious. :rofl:

Good move by MS if the game is really as good as it looks.

#8 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:46

Might pick this up for PC, I'm kinda/sorta interested in what it is.

#9 blerk

blerk

Banned User

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:01

Sony fanboy meltdown over at reddit and neogaf is hilarious. :rofl:

Good move by MS if the game is really as good as it looks.

I don't quite understand what the fuss really is about, since I bet most of those dedicated trolls gamers at GAF have a PC anyway, where they'll be able to experience power far in excess of the 'terrible' consoles... :rofl:

#10 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:10

Well Sony and MS are clearly going to try and buy up all the exclusive content they can. Sony buys up exclusive content for both AC4 and Watch Dogs, etc.

MS sees Titanfall as a potential winner and they want to see it be a flagship title for their systems.  They are happy to see it go to the pc as well I bet. It doesn't really hurt the X1 since most people that are pc gamers are unlikely to be swayed to buy a console based on one title, plus it gives them a chance to improve the pc gaming scene that they have had issues with. 

Titanfall could be the first title to really show off the new Xbox Live system on the pc.  With GFWL out of the way, MS can show an improved system in XBL.

#11 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:19

Add that to the list the almighty gaming prophet CBOAT has got wrong.

Was funny how on N4G and NeoGAF everyone pretty much affirmed that this was coming to PS4 after 6 months.

#12 vetFourjays

Fourjays

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:29

Really don't see what the fuss is about. From the gameplay videos I've seen it just looks like any other FPS, except with mechs instead of tanks. :/

Maybe I've missed what the awesome feature of this game is, but right now the Xbox One is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned.

#13 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:53

Well Sony and MS are clearly going to try and buy up all the exclusive content they can. Sony buys up exclusive content for both AC4 and Watch Dogs, etc.

MS sees Titanfall as a potential winner and they want to see it be a flagship title for their systems. They are happy to see it go to the pc as well I bet. It doesn't really hurt the X1 since most people that are pc gamers are unlikely to be swayed to buy a console based on one title, plus it gives them a chance to improve the pc gaming scene that they have had issues with.

Titanfall could be the first title to really show off the new Xbox Live system on the pc. With GFWL out of the way, MS can show an improved system in XBL.

Sony has paid for exclusive Destiny content too.

#14 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 14:01

to be honest Titanfall looks like a shallow generic FPS, they can keep it exclusive if they want too.... /s

#15 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 October 2013 - 14:01

Sony has paid for exclusive Destiny content too.

I'm betting MS probably has data showing that paying devs just for extra content doesn't increase sales significantly like paying for a complete exlcusive likely would.  That's all I can think every time I see the AC4 commercial and they advertise a whopping 1 hour of extra content.  I doubt anyone will really miss that on X1.