Couple accused of punishing girl with electric dog collar

A Connecticut couple allegedly punished a 9-year-old girl in their care with an electric shock collar designed to discipline dogs, police said.

Eduardo Montanez, 43, remains jailed on $250,000 bond on charges including third-degree assault, risk of injury to a child and cruelty. Montanez?s wife, Paula, 34, is held on $200,000 bond on charges of risk of injury to a child, conspiracy to commit third-degree assault and conspiracy to commit cruelty. The Danbury couple was arrested Tuesday after an investigation was launched after the girl told a teacher. They are scheduled to appear Wednesday in Danbury Superior Court.

Montanez allegedly forced the girl to bark so the collar would shock her and his didn?t stop the abuse, WVIT-TV reports. Police said the couple was upset about the girl?s progress in school.

source

taking away the humour from the video above the original story is just pure cruelty of the meanest kind.I hope they get what they deserve in the way of a loooong prison term and not just let off.

taking away the humour from the video above the original story is just pure cruelty of the meanest kind.I hope they get what they deserve in the way of a loooong prison term and not just let off.

Same here. I have no sympathy for people like that.

You have to figure, animals have fur to insulate the shock. It's going to be so much worse on bare skin. 

Chances are, this was a foster kid. A lot of people have foster children for the extra income, often making a living off of them. Some lack the empathy and regard to treat them as human beings. My state pays an average of $700 a month per child, which makes five children, welfare, food stamps, and other state income benefits quite lucrative. How do I know this happens? My carpooling co-worker has a neighbor that brags about it. They drive an Escalade too. 

See how much your state pays per child... http://www.childrensrights.org/policy-projects/foster-care/hitting-the-marc-foster-care-reimbursement-rates/foster-care-rates-by-state/

A Connecticut couple allegedly punished a 9-year-old girl in their care with an electric shock collar designed to discipline dogs, police said.

Eduardo Montanez, 43, remains jailed on $250,000 bond on charges including third-degree assault, risk of injury to a child and cruelty. Montanez?s wife, Paula, 34, is held on $200,000 bond on charges of risk of injury to a child, conspiracy to commit third-degree assault and conspiracy to commit cruelty. The Danbury couple was arrested Tuesday after an investigation was launched after the girl told a teacher. They are scheduled to appear Wednesday in Danbury Superior Court.

Montanez allegedly forced the girl to bark so the collar would shock her and his didn?t stop the abuse, WVIT-TV reports. Police said the couple was upset about the girl?s progress in school.

source

I can't help but feel that the girl in this case deserves some major props.  The fact that she actually talked to someone or that she felt she could trust a teacher to help her speaks volumes to her strength and the school surrounding she was in.  The parents are horrible creatures but I'm thrilled at the fact she was able to speak up for herself and get help.  There are too many cases where the child doesn't feel like there is a way out of the situation.

Chances are, this was a foster kid. A lot of people have foster children for the extra income, often making a living off of them. Some lack the empathy and regard to treat them as human beings. My state pays an average of $700 a month per child, which makes five children, welfare, food stamps, and other state income benefits quite lucrative. How do I know this happens? My carpooling co-worker has a neighbor that brags about it. They drive an Escalade too. 

I realized that people did it but I had no idea what a big business it is. That's just terrible too.

You have to figure, animals have fur to insulate the shock. It's going to be so much worse on bare skin. 

I wonder if some harsh sound would work just as well ...