In the processs of upgrading my Security Cameras : I had an OMG moment.

Back in 2009 I bought a logitech Wilife Outdoor Master system. As someone who had never had Security Camera, I thought they were pretty cool ... they still are. Once you go security camera's you never go back. Master system at the time was probably $250 - $300. Later on I bought additional camera's for about $64 a piece on ebay starting 2 years later.

This year my goal is to upgrade the camera's to HD. After a bunch of researching the camera I decided on was an

Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Outdoor HD 3MP IP Dome Security Camera 2.8mm

31MZroRslOL._SY300_.jpg

It's also powered over POE. So I bought the camera which retails for  $200 to test it out, as well as a POE switch to power the camera. So today I set it up and compare the quality from the old and the new as well as the viewing angle and I had an oh my god moment. Below is a snap shot from the old and the new camera.

Old

38b8.jpg

New

The things you see in the bottom right are the old camera's I have yet to take down. To record the video I just held the camera up.

3l60.jpg

Night Vision test

774783_10151938533847768_119833843_o.jpg

I think the test turned out good. I think i'll order 3 more of them

PC Specs

I have yet to see if when running 4 HD cam's if that computer chokes, I don't think it will, but we shall see

Windows 7

AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core

8GB RAm

SSD Boot drive

1TB data storage drive.

Software that I tired out using with this new system. The camera is not yet in full operation this was just a test do see if I liked this camera or not. It will be hooked up once the other 3  cameras arrive Friday so probably hooked up and operational Saturday.

iVMS-4200

http://www.hikvision.com/en/download_more.asp?id=1277

post-4927-0-99621400-1383234282.jpg

Sample Video

Daytime Sample Video (watch in 1080p if possible)

Edited by xendrome
Added Daytime Sample Video 1080p
  • Like 2

What do you view/record it on?

Windows 7

8GB RAm

SSD Boot drive

1TB data storage drive.

Windows 7

8GB RAm

SSD Boot drive

1TB data storage drive.

What software?

Wow, what a difference. I've also been looking for some camera's but haven't been able to decide. Reviews seem to suggest that the software is lacking. Any thoughts?

To be honest I haven't used the software THAT much, but it does seem to do everything the wilife software could do. The one thing i'm not sure that it does but doesn't look like it does, is allow you to make one image bigger and put all the other ones as little images around it. Like wilife lets me put my drive way came as the largest image which is the most important to me. Then in smaller windows I Could put the other 3 cameras. This software looks like all the cameras are the same size.

Here is an example

tour-live-screenshot.jpg

That being said, just the fact the software is a free download, its more than good.

To be honest I haven't used the software THAT much, but it does seem to do everything the wilife software could do. The one thing i'm not sure that it does but doesn't look like it does, is allow you to make one image bigger and put all the other ones as little images around it. Like wilife lets me put my drive way came as the largest image which is the most important to me. Then in smaller windows I Could put the other 3 cameras. This software looks like all the cameras are the same size.

Here is an example

tour-live-screenshot.jpg

That being said, just the fact the software is a free download, its more than good.

I take that back, you can do that with the ivms-4200 software Woohoo!!!! Happy warwargon!!!!

post-4927-0-99621400-1383234282.jpg