Photo

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,327 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 23:18

That's specifically covered in thelaws here as well, even on private property you're never allowed to film in "intimate" areas or "private" areas like that. however, remember that this is a situation that would most likely come up in the case of businesses which have special laws even if they're private property. and they're not allowed to have any video surveillance without being registered and wihout proper signs, they're also not allowed to have cameras showing the entrance to restrooms.

In the US the term isn't defined specifically by the place the video is being recorded, but that the person(s) have a "reasonable expectation of privacy"

#62 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,327 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 23:19

still kind of different to havign someone else record your driveway and door 24/7? no? either way I was just checking, not complaining, as, as I've said, this camera would be illegal in Norway (and I believe most of western/northern Europe) as it is. without physical or digital blocks of the non private areas.

Also to mention, if he has his setup like I have mine, they only record on motion, with a pre and post time to captures the before/after motion activation.

#63 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,856 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 23:42

Also to mention, if he has his setup like I have mine, they only record on motion, with a pre and post time to captures the before/after motion activation.

Yup.. that's what mine does.   Very simple.

#64 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,433 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 18:34

Daytime Sample Video (watch in 1080p if possible)

#65 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

• 1,895 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 23:12

OMG! That car has wheels!

#66 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,856 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 00:22

Come on, Warwagon, show us the showgirls!!

:shifty: 

#67 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,693 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:10

What is the difference?  you are recording on your dash cam the license plate of the person or persons you are following, with this information the possiblity of a person finding out with that other person lives is higher than recording a person passing by.  Again it goes on personal use vs public or commercial use.

so your second statement I find highly unbelievable if the first satement is true.

Well those are the laws here. but as I said there's a major difference between a stationary camera recording everything that happens at your neighbours house and a dashcam recording everything in front of your car, and again, the dashcam video isn't allowed to be published and can only be used as evidence in insurance cases. 

#68 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,693 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:11

would still record everyone entering and leaving the neighbours house though. 

#69 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

• 6,177 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:17

Daytime Sample Video (watch in 1080p if possible)

Can't believe that no one has mentioned this.  In all of your test videos that show your suv...you can see the license plate.  With a bit of searching one can find out a ton of info from that.  I would not post that online.

#70 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,856 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:32

Can't believe that no one has mentioned this. In all of your test videos that show your suv...you can see the license plate. With a bit of searching one can find out a ton of info from that. I would not post that online.

So? Same in public roads that you get license plate from the car in front of you.. I am sure warwagon has nothing to hide.