Neowin v1 apps for Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 8

Microsoft also put out an incomplete OS...

Good job on the Neowin App thou fellas. Nothing will ever beat the actual website thou. 

It's not my place to argue with a senior member, but haven't people said that throughout the turn of the century?

XP was what 2k was supposed to be, 7 is what Vista was supposed to be?

I am, I never realised the code would be so different, I assumed there'd be one or 2 tweaks for optimisation to other os's, but mostly it would be similar to installing software on a pc (ok naivety on my part)

And I assumed the installer is handled by the OS instead of a standalone installer

Windows phone apps are written in .Net usually C#, iOS apps are written on a Mac using Objective C (unless you use a cross-platform compiler like Xamarin which does some of the work for you). Android apps are written in Java using a version of Eclipse called http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/eclipse-adt.html'>ADT bundle

• Like 1

Windows phone apps are written in .Net usually C#, iOS apps are written in on a Mac using Objective C (unless you use a cross-platform compiler like Xamarin which does some of the work for you). Android apps are written in Java using a version of Eclipse called ADT.

Thank you sir. :)

Welcome. I've added some links in too for your reference.

I've added them to favourites, I'll have to read them when I have more free time, (currently multitasking) I knew some have made good money making apps, but because I don't understand the programming languages I've never done more than simply 'think' about it.

I am, I never realised the code would be so different, I assumed there'd be one or 2 tweaks for optimisation to other os's, but mostly it would be similar to installing software on a pc (ok naivety on my part)

And I assumed the installer is handled by the OS instead of a standalone installer

To an extent.  Android uses Java  WP uses .NET  there are many simmilarities but quite a few differences as well.

• Like 1

To an extent.  Android uses Java  WP uses .NET  there are many simmilarities but quite a few differences as well.

Yes, I was given some info by spikey_richie, I've had a quick read of some, the similarities vs the differences are a little overwhelming, but I'm just going to take my time and learn :)

You know Steve, you guys should just edit the code to work for iOS7 because I am sure a large majority of your Windows Operating System users use iPhones. Can't be that hard. 

:rolleyes:

You know Steve, you guys should just edit the code to work for iOS7 because I am sure a large majority of your Windows Operating System users use iPhones. Can't be that hard. 

:rolleyes:

Android too.  I am sure that more members use android and ios and are never going to switch to WP than use WP.

An android and ios version wouldn't be hard to do at all.. I don't have a mac so I can't do ios but I can do android.

Android too.  I am sure that more members use android and ios and are never going to switch to WP than use WP.

An android and ios version wouldn't be hard to do at all.. I don't have a mac so I can't do ios but I can do android.

Apologies for the off topic post

You'd be surprised, many of my friends feel dissatisfied with both android and ios, for whatever reason (I know this sentiment isn't necessarily shared here, so I will only speak for my social circle alone)

My choice to go wp in the new year is because I miss nokias and may as well try wp, if for nothing else, the learning experience

They said in the emails that they purposely don't allow external linking to other sites from the app, that's why all inline links are stripped from the story view.

Other applications allow this; like the Facebook app allows you to open any link posted to the news feed.

Other applications allow this; like the Facebook app allows you to open any link posted to the news feed.

I feel let down :(

Microsoft hasn't allowed you access to the code?

From what I am reading about it, it seems to be a Neowin themed RSS feed reader/storing app.