Nexus 5 Order live !

Managed to snag one on release day from CPW in the UK. Pretty nice to have that launch day feeling  :woot:

Just waiting for 3 to rollout 4G now. That said 20mbps on 3G isn't bad at all  :D

I ordered a white 32GB model yesterday to replace my aging iPhone 4S, haven't used an Android phone for years but my Nexus 7 has improved my view of the OS a fair bit.

Got a tracking number this afternoon, still isn't shipping for 2-3 weeks though, but at least I'll have something to check :p

Odd, you should get that sooner then. They can't give you a tracking number for something they haven't scanned which they do once the label is created. Hmm ... maybe I should jump on my 16GB then as it says 3-4 weeks now. I've been going over it with the wife but after missing out on the initial rush and now playing with 4.4 on my Nexus 4 I was planning to wait but man i'm a tech ###### and love new smelling gadgets! :woot:

They've created the "label", but it still says 2-3 weeks until it ships.

I'd love for an earlier ship (FedEx says Wednesday :laugh:), but I doubt it'll happen.

They've created the "label", but it still says 2-3 weeks until it ships.

I'd love for an earlier ship (FedEx says Wednesday :laugh:), but I doubt it'll happen.

I'm pretty sure it will happen because its an unwritten rule for UPS (and i'm guessing all shipping companies) that you don't generate labels before you are at least close to ship. It makes them look bad that they took long to ship a package. Especially AIR packages which are guaranteed. If you ordered that now with air and they generate a label then they didn't ship for 3 weeks then that would show up on so many people's radar (I worked at UPS :p) They make a big stink about AIR packages being late even if people don't complain. I've driven packages in the back of my car from the hub to the airport/other hub in NJ, MD because they missed the scheduled driver with no other person with enough hours able to go. 

(Truck drivers are limited on driving hours). 

Posting this from my Nexus 5! Great phone for ?295. Got it from Carphone Warehouse.

Already rooted and running a custom kernel from faux123.

Posting this from my Nexus 5! Great phone for ?295. Got it from Carphone Warehouse.

Already rooted and running a custom kernel from faux123.

Man, WTF?!? You didn't post some actual pics?!?

C'mon! i'm jealous here... I wanna see some other details

I'm pretty sure it will happen because its an unwritten rule for UPS (and i'm guessing all shipping companies) that you don't generate labels before you are at least close to ship. It makes them look bad that they took long to ship a package. Especially AIR packages which are guaranteed. If you ordered that now with air and they generate a label then they didn't ship for 3 weeks then that would show up on so many people's radar (I worked at UPS :p) They make a big stink about AIR packages being late even if people don't complain. I've driven packages in the back of my car from the hub to the airport/other hub in NJ, MD because they missed the scheduled driver with no other person with enough hours able to go. 

(Truck drivers are limited on driving hours). 

It's still in "limbo", it hasn't even been handed to FedEx, so it's not like it's sitting in a truck somewhere collecting dust.

It's strange, but I assume it's done like this so they can separate the payment from the actual delivery, I know I wouldn't like having to keep the money for it sitting untouched in my account for the next half month waiting for them to ship it.

I would order one now if I new it would work on Verizon.

Anyone  else have a clue?

No its not capable with Verizon network and Google will not release Verizon version. Verizon users are out of luck on this one.

:crazy: Looks like Parcelf**kup sent it to the wrong delivery depot so now it is "forwarding to the correct depot"........ am so ###### off. So not going to get today after all.

I'm not sure where mine is at the moment - I have the UPS tracking code, but all I get on the UPS tracking website so far is 'A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.'

Mine arrived half an hour ago. :D

1379779_10151836330107830_373472418_n.jp

Excuse the poor-quality picture; that was taken with my soon-to-be-no-longer iPhone 3GS. :P

I'm not sure where mine is at the moment - I have the UPS tracking code, but all I get on the UPS tracking website so far is 'A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.'

Same for mine at the moment.  Of course mine just changed to shipping on Sunday so mine probably hasn't been picked up by UPS yet (hopefully soon though  :D )

Same for mine at the moment.  Of course mine just changed to shipping on Sunday so mine probably hasn't been picked up by UPS yet (hopefully soon though  :D )

Yeah, mine changed to shipping on Saturday - so hopefully it'll be in the hands of UPS any moment now (hey, one can hope...)

Same here - the earliest I see it being delivered is Wednesday, but it's UPS, so who knows!

I snagged the 32GB Black within a half hour of launch to replace my Nexus 4 16GB also in black (the Nexus 4 goes to my wife).

It is moving through the UPS system and should be in my hands tomorrow. We shall see...

My device just shipped ... but from Louisville, KY ??

Louisville, KY, United States 11/01/2013 17:33

Origin Scan United States 11/01/2013 11:17 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

:Facepalm:

Not a shocker. UPS WorldPort is their main hub for the US (and I'm sure by extension Canada)...

The phones are shipped from South Korea using UPS and UPS employees actually pull them out of the pallets and ship them to you. Keeping the cost for LG down (no need to have a US warehouse)...

It is all apart of the UPS supply chain solutions related stuff...

Gah, mine is on the truck for delivery still. I keep refreshing. Going to lunch with the team at 1 so I was hoping to sneak home and grab it before then. It's got about another hour to be delivered or it'll have to wait until after lunch.

THE SUSPENSE!!!!

Gah, mine is on the truck for delivery still. I keep refreshing. Going to lunch with the team at 1 so I was hoping to sneak home and grab it before then. It's got about another hour to be delivered or it'll have to wait until after lunch.

THE SUSPENSE!!!!

Lucky you. My UPS tracking has finally updated. It was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, but now it's "early" delivery on Tuesday. I will be so tempted to make it my primary phone. But I think my HTC One is still going to be my daily driver.