Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Android Kit Kat 4.4

13 posts in this topic

Posted

There's some really cool new stuff in 4.4, I was expecting KitKat to be more about under the hood updates with only a few cosmetic user-facing changes but then we are getting automatic searching of caller ID on the dialer, search integration with local apps, WiFi TDLS, emojis on Google keyboard, storage access framework, Bluetooth MAP, redesigned Mail app, new Hangouts features, printing...

And then also lots of actual under the hood improvements like lower battery use on audio playing, SELinux enforcing mode, webapps using Chromium now rather than the old Android webkit browser, OpenGL ES 2.0 for SurfaceFlinger, host card emulation or a new ART real time compiler engine to compete with Dalvik. 

Posted

Hello,

Source is out too. CM is already looking at it.

Posted

Android just keeps getting better and better.

1 person likes this

Posted

HTC One is meant to get this asap. well only in the US. would love to have this, on my current HTC One.

Posted

HTC One is meant to get this asap. well only in the US. would love to have this, on my current HTC One.

I hope it's not just in the US. I'd like it for my HTC One ... too!

Posted

Supposedly 90 days. Convert it to Google Edition and 15 days. I have a Google Edition, but I'll have my N5 in 2 days. :laugh:

Happy Birthday, buddy!

Posted

Supposedly 90 days. Convert it to Google Edition and 15 days. I have a Google Edition, but I'll have my N5 in 2 days. :laugh:

Happy Birthday, buddy!

Lol thanks :D . i was looking at coverting it google edition N5 looks nice but just got the HTC One, ill wait 2 months and then decide!  :shifty:

Posted

Source has been out for a day or two, multiple devices already have 4.4 builds in testing, like the LG Optimus G I have - we had a 4.4 "mostly working" build Friday morning, now already revised 3x and it's fairly solid at this point with a minor issue here and there but "most everything" is working at this point.

When the source code is actually available, talented devs make short work of it. ;)

Posted

loaded this up on my N7 very impressive 

Posted

loaded this up on my N7 very impressive 

What parts impress you the most?

Posted

the new battery saving for me i game  on my N7 all the battery saving features are best for me the new google now is pretty spiffy too 

Posted

Hello,

Sadly I will not see it on the Desire Z it seems but my next phone is the Droid 5 (if it comes to europe) so I will see it then...