Photo

IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari or Other!

internet browsers microsoft mozilla google opera apple best of poll compare

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Browser of Choice!

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Obviously only the most common will be listed!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 ncc50446

ncc50446

Engage!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android AOKP 4.0.4

Posted 21 November 2013 - 00:40

I use Opera...Though at the moment, it's only because of the search...I miss Opera 12, but currently use the latest dev (19 atm).

Without using add-ons, I can search different search engines easily, without having to select from a drop down menu like Firefox.

Want to search Wiki? 'w Star Trek' in the url bar. Amazon? 'a Star Trek'. Or easily add your own.

Opera 12 with dragonfly is so much better than Chromes/Opera 19..

I don't much like Chrome...My second browser of choice is Firefox, followed by IE11. Must admit, IE is a huge improvement. I don't actually mind it as much anymore.

I've come close to switching back to Firefox a few times lately lol

#17 Moss Planktor

Moss Planktor

Neowinian

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:47

Firefox Icedragon is the one for me.

#18 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:56

firefox ftw!

chrome/chromium never could live up fully to the hype imho. constant problems with flash and java all the time, no matter if on windows or linux.

firefox just works, the addons just work, customization is great, speed is great too.

#19 +GreenMartian

GreenMartian

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:56

... without having to select from a drop down menu like Firefox.
Want to search Wiki? 'w Star Trek' in the url bar. Amazon? 'a Star Trek'. Or easily add your own.

I haven't hit the dropdown in Firefox for years now (even removed the search bar). I think it implemented keyword search not long after Opera did.

Opera was an innovator, but nowadays most of its features have been copied to death by other browsers :p
I still use Opera 12 on my laptop for its lightweightness, but have switched to FF elsewhere

#20 Studio384

Studio384

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Windows Phone 8.1

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:07

Internet Explorer, fast and safe, awesome developer tools, easy to develop for, especialy compared to Chrome. And a clean interface, and of course, perfect for touch.

#21 ncc50446

ncc50446

Engage!

• Phone: Android AOKP 4.0.4

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:09

I haven't hit the dropdown in Firefox for years now (even removed the search bar). I think it implemented keyword search not long after Opera did.

Opera was an innovator, but nowadays most of its features have been copied to death by other browsers :p
I still use Opera 12 on my laptop for its lightweightness, but have switched to FF elsewhere

Didn't know that lol Haven't used Firefox a whole lot in a while. Might switch back if Opera 20 doesn't add anything useful..

Opera hasn't been much of an innovator in a while..lol And will most likely be a while yet, they have a lot of missing features lol

#22 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:27

Moved Here

Firefox. Does everything without compromises, fast, stable and efficient, used on my desktops, tablets and one of my phones.  When I need a second browser (which is never really), I have IE11.  Chrome falls in third for me, I like the engine but can't stand the interface's lack of flexibility or its insane resource usage. I toyed with Opera off and on back when it was it's own thing, not bad but wasn't for me, but now I don't really see much point anymore.

^This. Couldn't agree more.

#23 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:30

I rarely use any other browser than IE. I use Opera on older PCs and I use chrome on occasions on my current pcs.

#24 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:33

I only use cross-platform browsers. I prefer Chrome, but sometimes use Firefox.

I don't mind the way IE 11 (Desktop) renders pages, but everything else about it (toolbars, dialogs) I don't care for.

#25 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:36

Switched to IE from version 10. Reason? Increased performance compared to IE9 and spellcheck.

IE11 is now stable as well after some tinkering and updates from Microsoft.

The worst thing about IE is the Options - they need to modernized. The Internet Options dialog is so last decade.

#26 Gaara sama

Gaara sama

Neowinian

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:43

Firefox is my favorite but Opera does the trick

#27 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:45

SeaMonkey ... A very flexible, and highly customisable browser suite, built upon the same Mozilla/Gecko codebase as Firefox,

but with a vastly superior front-end "toolkit" that doesn't have a dumbed-down-by-default GUI. When "Australis" becomes

the default Firefox GUI, the overall customisability is to be heavily reduced, if current test builds are anything to go by.

#28 +snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

Electrical & Computer Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 29
  • Phone: dumb phone

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:50

I prefer chrome, but NOT in its defense: PepperFlash is garbage. Well, it use to be anyway, I don't recall having issues with it in the last 6 months or so though. It had all kinds of performance issues to begin with though. 

#29 acido00

acido00

Software Developer

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:25

All of them, I'm a developer and I need them all for testing

#30 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:00

Chrome almost exclusively but I do keep Firefox around just in case.