Win 8.1 stick Start screen on second monitor

Ok on Windows 8 I used to be able to have the start screen on a different monitor and it remained there until a restart but on Win 8.1 after moving to a different monitor it goes back to the main monitor.

Is this a bug? I mean why would have changed this behaviour, then?

Any ideas?

I would say it is a bug.  I have it on a second monitor until I execute it on my main monitor.

I would check your display monitor to make sure there is not a driver issue that is driving it back to another monitor.

Right click on the taskbar and select properties, select the "navigation" tab, then select "show start on the display I'm using when I press the windows logo key"

It will then open on whatever screen you're using.  If you want it to stay on one particular monitor, make sure it's unselected, but then it will only open on your main monitor.

@siah1214 Thanks for the tip, it behaves a bit better but like Clirion said it goes back to the main monitor until you execute it on the main monitor that didn't happen on 8... oh well thanks all.

With 8 and 8.1 both. you can invoke the start screen on any monitor.

the start screen will open on the monitor where you click the start button. if you click the keyboard start button it will open on the last monitor it was opened on.