What to choose....what to choose....

Ok, since Verizon screwed the pooch and the N5 will not work on their network, I am forced to pick another phone.  Wish another carrier had decent service in my area and I would switch.  But anyway....

HTC One

I like this phone.  Got good reviews and I can turn it in to a Play Edition.  One thing I don't like is the software button layout.

Moto X

Another phone I like and dispite the lower end hardware as compared with other devices, the reviews on this device were good and apps are reported to run smoothly and the device funtions great was a whole . Only thing I dont like, only16gb of storage.

Samsung Galaxy S4

I dont care much for Samsung but the S4 can be made into a Play Edition as well. Tho the reports state you will not get back any storage the crappy Samsung software takes up.  Also, not to fond of the center hardware button.

LG G2

Not sure about the G2.  LG made the last two Nexus devices so I would assume it would be on par with them.   It also has a full row of software keys like the Moto X and unlike the HTC One and SGS4.

Those are the phones I am currently looking at.  Not sure if anything else is coming for Verizon.  Just curious on who has had experience with the above phones (think of the HTC and SGS4 as play editions).  I dont care if you had a bad experience iwht LG years ago and now you hate them.  Looking for people with actual experience using these phones day to day.

Thanks

Too bad you're on Verizon or else I could have sold you my One for cheap.

From that list I rank:

LG G2

HTC One

Galaxy S4

Moto X

LG G2 with the full screen 1080p display with no buttons and a snapdragon 800... mmmm, you know why I got an N5! The One of the best of the rest followed by the S4 and the Moto X is lagging a little behind. I really like the Moto X, but it's hard to recommend to people who have more than a casual interest in phones due to it's lacking specs. I'm sure it runs quite smooth and well, but it just doesn't compare to the big boys.

Ok, since Verizon screwed the pooch and the N5 will not work on their network, I am forced to pick another phone.  ...

Just curious how it's Verizon's fault that Google engineered a phone with radio technology not compatible with Verizon's network? Are you suggesting Verizon spend billions to change their network infrastructure to accommodate the Nexus 5?

Personally I'd go S4 then HTC One, problem with the HTC is no removable battery in my opinion.

Meh, it's a good thing because Verizon would've destroyed the Nexus 5, just like they did to the Galaxy Nexus.

Out of those phones, in order:

1) HTC One (turn into GPE)

2) Moto X

3) Samsung GS4 (turn into GPE)

4) LG G2

I have the HTC One on AT&T still stock - Android 4.3 w/ Sense 5.0. Great performer, excellent battery life, stereo speakers, camera is good enough (all cell phone cameras suck)

Dragging slightly off topic I know, but I read somewhere in all the commotion yesterday that Google and Verizon are working on a project for the N5 for 2014. So if you're not desperate, could you wait? If not... then my opinion is below.

I have the S4 and I've gotta say that the screen is beautiful! I was lucky enough to get the flip cover included in my contract and it's a permanent attachment to my phone. Also has a wireless charging case option if that's your type of option. Has a removable battery and expandable storage (which the other phones on your list don't have). Snapdragon 600 is a bit of a bummer (HTC One has well) but I've not once felt the pressure of needing more CPU.

If you wanted the S4 but could stretch a bit further in your budget and don't mind the bigger screen, go all out and get a Note 3.

Both HTC One GPE and S4 GPE will be getting KitKat soon. 

Hope that helped!

Galaxy S4 because of the micro-sd card.. Nothing like carrying 80GB with you (16GB internal + 64GB microSD)

And you can install the Google Play Edition Rom on it.. I love it :D

G2 is fast and speced nice.. but lack of microsd card has me not wanting it..

Thanks for the insight.  I may just wait to see which phones are going to get 4.4 soon (HTC One should be one of the first).  I know Google has something planned for Verizon next year but it wasnt really clear what it was.

I would pick HTC One purely for the amazing built quality but mind you that other phones on that list have better cameras. I would avoid Galaxy S4 and Moto X to be honest. Galaxy S4 has crap built quality and Moto X has poor specs. 

It would come down to LG G2 and HTC One. Weigh the Pro/Cons of both and then make a decision? Out of the two HTC One has crap camera whereas G2 has much better. Take a look at their individual forums @XDA and see how the dev community is responding to them if you plan to flash roms. There are also times that people post threads if there are any problems with the phones. I usually like checking for any kind of problems which the phones have been facing.

I would pick HTC One purely for the amazing built quality but mind you that other phones on that list have better cameras. I would avoid Galaxy S4 and Moto X to be honest. Galaxy S4 has crap built quality and Moto X has poor specs. 

It would come down to LG G2 and HTC One. Weigh the Pro/Cons of both and then make a decision? Out of the two HTC One has crap camera whereas G2 has much better. Take a look at their individual forums @XDA and see how the dev community is responding to them if you plan to flash roms. There are also times that people post threads if there are any problems with the phones. I usually like checking for any kind of problems which the phones have been facing.

I have been looking at XDA a lot and seeing which device is supported more by the community. Really wanted the N5 but may hold off until more info is released on Google's/Verizon's plans.

Ok, so I decided on the LG G2 phone. Phone was released a couple months ago. I picked it up a few hours ago.

So far, I like it. Fast as hell. Little of a pain to root but Cyanogen supports the phone and has a 4.3.1 ROM. So I am rooted. This phone should also get 4.4 support if only by XDA, then so bee it.

Hardware buttons on the back are taking a little to get used to. Still fooling around with it.

I was going to get the HTC one, but didnt like the softbutton layout.

Just curious how it's Verizon's fault that Google engineered a phone with radio technology not compatible with Verizon's network? Are you suggesting Verizon spend billions to change their network infrastructure to accommodate the Nexus 5?

Personally I'd go S4 then HTC One, problem with the HTC is no removable battery in my opinion.

I was going to say something similar but I couldn't state it better lol

Ok, so I decided on the LG G2 phone. Phone was released a couple months ago. I picked it up a few hours ago.

So far, I like it. Fast as hell. Little of a pain to root but Cyanogen supports the phone and has a 4.3.1 ROM. So I am rooted. This phone should also get 4.4 support if only by XDA, then so bee it.

Hardware buttons on the back are taking a little to get used to. Still fooling around with it.

I was going to get the HTC one, but didnt like the softbutton layout.

If I wasn't dedicated to Windows Phone that's the phone I would have gotten, too.  Or the HTC One.  Hope you have a good experience with it.