Question about Box desktop sync.

Seeing as Skydrive in 8.1 is useless (sync doesn't work) I thought I'd use Box sync instead. During installation I started reading the EULA for some reason and came across this...

(b) License to Box.  Customer grants to Box and its contractors an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to access, use, modify, and delete any information, materials, data, files, programs, ideas and opinions provided or made available by Customer ("Customer Content") through the use of Software for the sole purpose of synchronizing the services made available through the Software with the services made available through the Website.  

Call me thicky mcthick from thick town, but does that mean anything I put up on Box, they can use to their hearts content? Nothing I sync is private? If so that's a waste of time, because I aint letting that happen.

Not a lawyer or anything - but this seems to point to their ability to sync your data

"through the use of Software for the sole purpose of synchronizing the services made available through the Software with the services made available through the Website."

The way I read it your giving them the right manipulate your data for the purpose of syncing it. For example if you change a piece of a file, they might only upload the changed bit - this could be considered modification. They would clearly need to access the files for example to know which pieces changed, etc.

I would have to think if as you believe stated they could do whatever they wanted with anything you sync they wouldn't be in business very long.

Now I re-read it with your comments BudMan I see you point and assume it's pretty safe.

Nothing to hide, but a few files may have sensitive data pertaining to banking. Then again it's not a wise idea to store your banking data electronically.