Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Himanshu-

-Himanshu-

Everybody Lies.

• Phone: Nokia 5235

Posted 01 November 2013 - 18:10

I have a Lumia 520. What I have seen is that when the phone is rebooted, the volume resets to 15. Is this a reported bug? It's a problem, because we have to keep the phone silent in our classes, and sometimes I have found the phone rebooted after a crash, and the volume is on 15. Any solution?

Best Answer Boolanger , 01 November 2013 - 18:59

I don't beleive it is so much a bug as a (odd?) feature, 15 is likely the volume limit for kid's corner on the 520. on my 920 it is 13 and my volume is set to this every time I restart.

This is get defaulted so that you don't unexpecting blow out your ear drums, while extremely hard to do they just watching out for you(covering themselves)

The best solution I can provide would be to turn the phone to vibrate or silent instead of just turning the volume all the way down.

Go to the full post

#2 Boolanger

Boolanger

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 01 November 2013 - 18:59   Best Answer

I don't beleive it is so much a bug as a (odd?) feature, 15 is likely the volume limit for kid's corner on the 520. on my 920 it is 13 and my volume is set to this every time I restart.

This is get defaulted so that you don't unexpecting blow out your ear drums, while extremely hard to do they just watching out for you(covering themselves)

The best solution I can provide would be to turn the phone to vibrate or silent instead of just turning the volume all the way down.

#3 OP -Himanshu-

-Himanshu-

Everybody Lies.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:02

Thanks for the solution, so even if volume is non zero, setting it to silent will silent all notifications? Only music, apps, and games will have their sound go through?

#4 Boolanger

Boolanger

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 November 2013 - 18:41

yep it should silent most thing like call text and app notifcations. Any alarms will still sound off though

#5 OP -Himanshu-

-Himanshu-

Everybody Lies.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:56

Okay thanks, that worked. Earlier, I used to bring volume to 0, which would automatically turn the profile to silent, but as soon as volume increased, it again switched to ring. But now that I do that manually, volume changes doesn't affect it.