when was the last time you read a book?

Like what the topic says but from cover to cover and not for school or work. Pleasure.

Read books every night, have been since I was a kid.

Unless you meant physical books made out of paper. That would probably be ~10 years ago or so.

Been a while now, I used to read Horror novels, nowadays, I'm too tired after work/running after kids etc... I do enjoy reading stuff online though, and here I stand a good chance of learning something, be it about computers or whatnot.

I'm always reading. Right now I'm re-reading American Psycho by Brett Easton-Ellis and "The map and the territory" by Michel Houellebecq

Just finished reading Brave New World on my Kindle.  I think Ender's Game is next.

Brave new World is a gift to humanity. Great read.

I hate to admit, I haven't read a book in 3 years about, but I do read lots of extensive internet articles, which does make up for lack of reading books. I might read a book in the future.

I hate to admit, I haven't read a book in 3 years about, but I do read lots of extensive internet articles, which does make up for lack of reading books. I might read a book in the future.

Reading is reading. Not all knowledge is contained in books. there are excellent articles that are being overlooked because we think books are the canonized input of knowledge. However I will always defend that we should read books, for their narrative, there's nothing wrong if you choose magazines or blogs.

i work in a call center and I do a lot of reading in between calls. so i last read on friday

(currently reading the Sword Art Online short novels if any of you know that series)

I learned to read when i was 4 years old by looking over the shoulder of my Dad when he was reading a paper.

Bet i used to get on his nerves by saying "What does that word mean Dad" :rolleyes: , and he patiently answered me giving me a breakdown of the word.

I amazed the teachers when i went to school, and straight away i picked up my first book which was a classic "Moby Dick", it was the picture of the Whale on front which attracted me to it.

Anyway fast forward a number of years to 2008 when i had a Stroke, it took me 6 months before i could string a sentence together, and 3.5 years before i learned how to read, and write again.

It would have broke my heart if i couldn't read again, and i'm thankful that was not taken away from me.

Anyway i'm reading a few books at the moment "Under the dome" "Stephen King" a couple of "Conan" books on my kindle by "Robert E Howard", and a book by "Kate O'Hearn" "Pegasus & the Flame".

I suddenly discovered that the Stroke enabled me to multitask :) LOL which is a talent only woman can do, or so they say :cry:

Oh! boy i reckon i've opened up a can of worms there :s lol