g2 vs nexus5

Pretty much.  Not many differences between the G2 and N5.  Not worried about Verizon getting 4.4 for hte G2 as I root and will have it anyway.  On 4.3.1 on the G2 now.

I summed up the differences, and most online resources include an Infrared Emitter exclusive to the G2. I think that is the most substantial difference.

Spec wise the only difference is Nexus 5 has like a 2" smaller screen and is clocked about 2300 instead of 2260.  So to me its between "I want faster updates" or "I really use my camera a lot on my phone" as the G2 has a much better camera. Both are manufactured by LG as well and it was announced it would be getting 4.4 in November but no telling when Verizon will let it through.

Nexus 5 is also clocked at 2.26GHz.

Some sites are just rounding up.

Also I forgot I know the battery is smaller in the nexus 5 so i wonder how well it is compared to the G2 which is the best battery I have ever owned.

Well, what kind of battery do you get with the G2 in real life use? I'll let you know how it compares. Unfortunately today I unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and flashed a kernel, so I don't have accurate numbers for today. I do know that the N5 is the best battery life I've seen on a phone it seems like. From what I've seen I should be able to get 6+ hours of screen on time. There may be phones with bigger batteries that last longer, but the N5 is no slouch.

12h 59m 11s on battery, 62% left. I have no idea how Engadget managed to only get 12 hours out of theirs. I've been playing with it a good bit and my cell service is consistently no more than 1-2 bars in the lab at work. I can safely say I have no concern about the battery life at all. If you want a full weekend device you'll still want to look at something like one of Moto's MAXX devices, but if you need a day and have a charger at home like most people, it works great.

played around with G2 and i have to say this is the First LG phone I loved.

i would get it.    i did not like nexus 4, and have not played with nexus 5 yet.

i really liked the cover with front opening that presents the clock or mp3 controls on the part of the main screen,   very original and clever, IMO.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm seeing very good battery out of the N5 as well. I just hit 5 hours of screen on time, and it's charging as we speak. It also charges really fast - 25% to 100% in a little over an hour (according to Battery Widget Reborn). Considering it's only a 2300 mAH battery, powering a 5" screen, it's actually great compared to phones in its class. My HTC One would also get 5 hours+ of screen on time (also has a 2300 mAH battery), but that's with Sense's power saver mode, plus it's a smaller display (4.7")

I'm seeing very good battery out of the N5 as well. I just hit 5 hours of screen on time, and it's charging as we speak. It also charges really fast - 25% to 100% in a little over an hour (according to Battery Widget Reborn). Considering it's only a 2300 mAH battery, powering a 5" screen, it's actually great compared to phones in its class. My HTC One would also get 5 hours+ of screen on time (also has a 2300 mAH battery), but that's with Sense's power saver mode, plus it's a smaller display (4.7")

And a Snapdragon 600.

• 2 weeks later...

G2 by a long shot.

I hit 53 hours last week with normal usage and had 8% left when I finally plugged it in. 

There's already multiple ROMs to choose from, including CM10.2. Better LCD, better camera, better battery. Not sure what else is missing?

These are some serious battery times you guys are posting. I'm impressed.

Depending on what you're doing. If it's straight "idling", that's quite terrible. I'm at 72% on my N5 with 14 hours off the charger and about 45 min. of on-screen time with full sync, GPS, and bluetooth on (streaming for ~45 mins.)

Depending on what you're doing. If it's straight "idling", that's quite terrible. I'm at 72% on my N5 with 14 hours off the charger and about 45 min. of on-screen time with full sync, GPS, and bluetooth on (streaming for ~45 mins.)

Mine isnt straight idling and  keep my GPS and WIFI on all the time.  Driving 1hr to work, I still had 100 battery life. 

OId phone, I would be down roughly 10 percent.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the Nexus 5 an upgrade from the iPhone 4S?

I've had 3 Android experiences.

1) HTC Aria, I believe it had Froyo on it and it sucked.

2) LG Revolution, it was my brothers phone and I had to use it while he was in the hospital, terrible battery life about 4hrs when using.

3) Note 1, I couldn't find a cheap Note 2 to try out, so I got this and it was to big, the battery life sucked, and I seemed to not enjoy Android much due to not having the same apps nor did I want to buy apps which I could get on iOS for free. Also, coming from the iPhone it was a PITA to transfer contacts over.

Also, using OSX with Android wasn't to easy either.